Flint Mass Transportation Authority
|Headquarters||1401 S. Dort Hwy.
|Service area||Genessee County, Michigan
Saginaw County, Michigan
Livingston County, Michigan
Oakland County, Michigan
|Service type||city bus service
commuter bus service
special needs van service
|Hubs||Downtown Transportation Center
615 Harrison St.
|Daily ridership||21,300 (4th Quarter 2014)|
Hydrogen fuel cell
The Flint Mass Transportation Authority (abbreviated Flint MTA or MTA) is the operator of public mass transportation based in Flint, Michigan that primarily serves Genesee County. Fourteen standard, all-day routes are provided within the city of Flint and its inner suburbs, as well as nine peak hour services (which feature different numbers for each variation of the route). Several regional routes are also operated using coach-style buses; all day commuter bus service is provided to Oakland, Livingston and Saginaw counties. The MTA also operates Your Ride, a mini-bus service for special needs customers.
Peak hour services
Your Ride Service Districts
On May 21, 2012 the MTA unveiled its new hydrogen fuel cell bus and opened their alternative fuel facility in Grand Blanc Township. The MTA is the first transportation agency in the Midwest with a hydrogen fuel cell vehicle. The vehicles will be stored at the Grand Blanc Service Center and Alternative Fuel Facility location at Dort Highway and Maple Avenue. MTA's new fuel cell bus is hybrid-electric, zero emission and powered by a 120 kW UTC Power PureMotion fuel cell system.
On October 11, 2012, the MTA announced it will refurbish 36 of its buses, extending their lives by 6–8 years. On the same day, they announced their board of directors approved a $4.2 million deal to purchase 60 propane powered mini-buses that will replace the diesel-engine vans used by Your Ride. On June 3, 2013 it was announced the MTA will purchase an additional 35 propane-powered mini-buses for their Your Ride service, nearly doubling their previous fleet. The report also said the MTA Your Ride service will purchase another 62 mini-buses by fall 2014, for a grand total of 160 total vehicles. 
On July 25, 2009, the Flint MTA received a $7.985 million grant from the Federal Transit Administration that was funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 for a new Project 25 digital radio dispatch system, new intelligent transportation system software and equipment, preventive maintenance, and the purchase and installation of new signage and security equipment. 
On August 7, 2012 Genesee County voters approved the Flint MTA's .04% millage increase to continue funding Your Ride services, and city of Flint voters approved a separate millage for funding of general operations of the entire service.
On August 5, 2014, Genesee County voters approved a .04% millage renewal that will generate $3.4 million over five years for the Your Ride service. 
On November 4, 2014, Genesee County voters approved a new, additional millage of 0.425 for 5 years, expiring in 2019. 
- "Fourth Quarter & End-of-Year 2014" (PDF). Public Transportation Ridership Report. American Public Transportation Association. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- Flint MTA Primary Routes with map
- Flint MTA Regional Service
- Flint MTA Peak Service
- Flint MTA: Your Ride Phone Numbers
- MTA ready to roll with I-75 bus rapid transit study for route from Bay City to Detroit The Flint Journal via MLive.com, January 20, 2014
- MTA Promises a Greener Future for Michigan Flint MTA Press Release, May 21, 2012
- Genesee County MTA extends fleet longevity by refurbishing buses The Flint Journal via MLive.com, October 11, 2012
- MTA board approves $4.2 million purchase of 60 propane fuel vehicles The Flint Journal via MLive.com, October 11, 2012
- MTA signs deal on propane fuel for buses, plans to up fleet from 57 to 92 by September The Flint Journal via MLive.com, June 3, 2013
- MASS TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY INC Stimulus Watch
- Genesee County voters show strong support again as MTA millage renewal passes The Flint Journal via MLive.com, August 8, 2012
- MTA millage passes, still hurdles Grand Blanc View, August 7, 2014
- Voters approve three Genesee County tax increases The Flint Journal via MLive.com, November 5, 2014