Flip-Flop (audio drama)
|Big Finish Productions audio drama|
|Written by||Jonathan Morris|
|Directed by||Gary Russell|
|Produced by||Gary Russell
|Executive producer(s)||Jacqueline Rayner|
|Length||2 hrs 6 mins|
|Release date||July 2003|
This audio drama is presented on two CDs, one white and the other black. The discs can be listened to in either order due to the construction of the plot.
It is Christmas Eve, 3090, and the Seventh Doctor and Mel arrive on the planet Puxatornee searching for leptonite crystals to fight the Quarks. They discover a world where the human citizens are slowly becoming in thrall to the alien Slithergees.
It is Christmas Eve, 3090, and the Seventh Doctor and Mel arrive on the planet Puxatornee searching for leptonite crystals. They find the world a ruined radioactive wasteland.
- The Doctor — Sylvester McCoy
- Mel — Bonnie Langford
- Mitchell — Richard Gibson
- Slithergee Voices — Daniel Hogarth
- Potter — Trevor Littledale
- Stewart — Francis Magee
- Professor Capra — Trevor Martin
- Bailey — Pamela Miles
- Reed — Audrey Schoellhammer
- Puxatornee and the events in this strange episode loosely resemble the bizarre events in the "time-travel" Bill Murray movie Groundhog Day where the same day happens over and over again only to be changed by Bill Murray in the town of Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania. The film takes place on Groundhog Day, another winter holiday.
- The character names are references to the film It's a Wonderful Life, which also takes place at Christmas. Characters in the film include Mr. Potter and the Bailey family; the film was directed by Frank Capra and starred James Stewart, Donna Reed and Thomas Mitchell, among others.
|This Doctor Who–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|