Flixton Road Mill, Bungay
|The Tower Mill, Bungay|
The converted mill, August 2006
|Mill name||Flixton Road Mill|
|No. of sails||Four Sails|
|Type of sails||Patent sails|
|No. of pairs of millstones||Three pairs|
Flixton Road Mill was a six storey tower mill with a boat shaped cap. It had four Patent sails of ten bays and was winded by a fantail. There was a stage at second floor level and the mill drove three pairs of millstones. Auxiliary power was by an engine, with the external drive belt enclosed in a wooden casing.
- Frederick Robert Burtsal 1868-74
Reference for above:-
- Historic England. "Details from image database (411722)". Images of England. Retrieved 1 June 2009.
- Dolman, Peter (1978). Windmills in Suffolk. Ipswich: Suffolk Mills Group. p. 40. ISBN 0-9506447-0-6.
- Flint, Brian (1979). Suffolk Windmills. Woodbridge: Boydell. pp. 36, 52. ISBN 0-85115-112-4.
- "BROWNE FAMILY TREE". Richard Green. Retrieved 3 August 2009.
- Windmill World webpage on Flixton Road Mill.