Performing at the Harmonie Club, Nov 2014
|Citizenship||France and United States|
Flo Ankah is a French and naturalized American actress, filmmaker, and singer residing in New York City. She founded Simple Production in 2006, and became a member of the Academy of Television Arts and Science in 2017.
Flo Ankah has appeared in film (Listen Up Philip, Then She Found Me) and television (One Life to Live). She stars in the Broadway-style musical Loving the Silent Tears, directed by Vincent Paterson, at the Shrine Auditorium Her solo show Edith Piaf Alive premiered at Joe's Pub in the Public Theater. She has also performed for artists such as Mina Nishimura, and Meredith Monk (at the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum). Her voice has been featured as a voice artist in feature films (Magic in the Moonlight, My Old Lady, The Limits of Control) and numerous television commercials.
One Way and Waterfront Access? are Flo Ankah's first award winning films. She started with choreography, showing her work at Movement Research at the Judson Church, HERE Arts Center, and Dixon Place. Flo Ankah is a resident playwright of Athena Writes 2018 and alumni of the Kennedy Center Playwriting intensive.
Known as the French songstress Floanne, she performs with Jazz musicians in the nightclub scene, including Joe's Pub, Feinstein's/54 Below and Symphony Space. She has appeared solo at the Museum of Modern Art, Bryant Park, the Miami-Dade County Auditorium and the New York Botanical Garden. Her interpretation of "Michelle" from The Beatles is the 75th release of The Beatles Complete on Ukulele.
Flo Ankah is the voice for the French version of Vice News Tonight. Her film essay When Will Women Lead Storytelling in Hollywood was published on the Clyde Fitch Report, and she is the editor of The Little Movie.
- Out of the Box - (2018) 10-mins play, Athena Writing Fellowship
- Edith Piaf Alive - (2012) a play about the Little Sparrow.
- Love is French - (2013) a modern twist to vintage tunes.
- April in Paris - (2016) a musical tribute to the French spirit.
Art House Film
- ONE WAY - (2008) Best Experimental Film, 5th Big Apple Film Festival
- Waterfront Access? - (2010) Golden Reel Award, Tiburon International Film Festival
- "French Actress Official website".
- "Starring in musical Loving the Silent Tears".
- "Timmy's Idea in Time Out NY". Time Out NY. Retrieved 2009-10-06.
- La Rocco, Claudia (2009-10-10). "Timmy's Idea in the New York Times". New York Times. Retrieved 2009-10-09.
- Kourlas, Gia (2009-03-07). "Ascension Variations in NYTimes". New York Times. Retrieved 2009-03-06.
- "Michelle on The Beatles Complete on ukulele".
- "Guest contributor, Women Directors in Hollywood".
- "Essays by Flo Ankah on TheLittleMovie.com".
- "Athena Writer Fellow 2018".
- Collet-Apraxine, Tatiana (2013-03-21). "Interview for Edith Piaf Alive at Joe's Pub". New York Theater Review. Retrieved 2013-03-21.
- Burns Scully, Thomas (2016-05-04). "Remembering Paris Correctly. 'April in Paris' at Feinstein's/54 Below With Floanne". On Stage. Retrieved 2016-05-04.
- One Way on IMDb
- Waterfront Access? on IMDb
- "Tiburon Film Festival Winners". Retrieved 2010-03-27.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Flo Ankah.|