Performing at the Harmonie Club, Nov 2014
|Citizenship||France and United States|
Flo Ankah is an actress, filmmaker, and singer residing in New York City. She founded Simple Production in 2006.
Flo Ankah has appeared in film (Listen Up Philip, Then She Found Me) and television (One Life to Live). She stars in the Broadway-style musical Loving the Silent Tears, directed by Vincent Paterson, at the Shrine Auditorium Her solo show Edith Piaf Alive premiered at Joe's Pub in the Public Theater.
Known as the French songstress Floanne, she performs with Jazz musicians in the nightclub scene, including Joe's Pub, Feinstein's/54 Below, Symphony Space, the Miami-Dade County Auditorium. She has appeared solo at the Museum of Modern Art, Bryant Park and the New York Botanical Garden. Her interpretation of "Michelle" from The Beatles is the 75th release of The Beatles Complete on Ukulele.
She works as a voice artist for feature films (Magic in the Moonlight, My Old Lady, The Limits of Control) and numerous television commercials. Flo Ankah is the voice for the French version of Vice News Tonight.
Flo Ankah directs commercial voice-over recordings and collaborative art house films. Her choreography has been shown at Movement Research at the Judson Church, HERE Arts Center, Dixon Place, and has performed for artists such as Mina Nishimura, and Meredith Monk (at the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum).
- Edith Piaf Alive - (2012) a play about the Little Sparrow.
- Love is French - (2013) a modern twist to vintage tunes.
- April in Paris - (2015) a musical tribute to the French spirit.
Art House Film
- ONE WAY - (2008) Best Experimental Film, 5th Big Apple Film Festival
- Waterfront Access? - (2010) Golden Reel Award, Tiburon International Film Festival
- "French Actress New York".
- "French Singer New York".
- "Michelle on The Beatles Complete on ukulele".
- "Articles by Flo Ankah".
- "Timmy's Idea in Time Out NY". Time Out NY. Retrieved 2009-10-06.
- La Rocco, Claudia (2009-10-10). "Timmy's Idea in the New York Times". New York Times. Retrieved 2009-10-09.
- Kourlas, Gia (2009-03-07). "Ascension Variations in NYTimes". New York Times. Retrieved 2009-03-06.
- Collet-Apraxine, Tatiana (2013-03-21). "Interview for Edith Piaf Alive at Joe's Pub". New York Theater Review. Retrieved 2013-03-21.
- Burns Scully, Thomas (2016-05-04). "Remembering Paris Correctly. ‘April in Paris’ at Feinstein's/54 Below With Floanne". On Stage. Retrieved 2016-05-04.
- One Way on IMDb
- "Big Apple Film Festival winners".
- Waterfront Access? on IMDb
- "Tiburon Film Festival Winners". Retrieved 2010-03-27.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Flo Ankah.|