|Look up float in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Float may refer to:
- Float (computing)
- a single precision binary computer number format
- a Cascading Style Sheets attribute
Finance and economics
- Float (money supply)
- Public float, the total number of shares publicly owned and available for trading, after subtracting restricted shares from the total outstanding shares.
- An initial public offering (IPO) can be referred to as a stock market float, particularly in British English.
- A cash float is the money in a cash register needed at the beginning of a trading period in order to give change to customers.
- Float (nautical), one of usually multiple air-filled structures giving buoyancy to a pontoon boat, floatplane, seaplane, etc.
- Fishing float, a bite indicator used in angling
- Fishing net float, small floats attached along one side of the net so that it hangs vertically in the water
- Glass float, a type of large float used to keep fishing nets or droplines afloat
- Profiling float
Music and art
- Float (Aesop Rock album), 2000
- Float (Styles P album), 2013
- Float (b-boy move), a balance-intensive breakdance move
- Float (Flogging Molly album), 2008
- "Float", a song by RAH Band from the album Mystery
- "Float", a song from the album The Music by the band of the same name
- "Float", a song by Bush from their 2001 album Golden State
- Float (sculpture), a 1990 public artwork by American artist Peter Flanary
- Float voltage, an external electric potential required to keep a battery fully charged
- a term used in geology, paleontology, and archaeology to describe rocks, fossils, or artifacts found in soil or on the surface away from any original context
- Float (horse-drawn), a form of two-wheeled horse-drawn cart with a low loadbed
- Float or horse float, also known as horse trailer
- Float (parade), a decorated vehicle or moving platform, could be animal- or man-drawn or motorized, used in a festive parade
- Milk float, a small battery electric vehicle specifically designed for the delivery of fresh milk
- Float shifting, or "floating gears", the practice of shifting gears on a manual transmission without using the clutch.
- Valve float, a condition of an internal combustion engine
- Swimming float
- Float (bartending technique)
- Float (liquid level), a fluid-level indicator used in process engineering and plumbing
- Float (project management), a time-management device
- Float railway station, a former railway station in County Westmeath, Ireland
- an ice cream soda
- Float (woodworking), a tool used to cut, flatten and/or smooth wood via abrasion
- Concrete float, a finishing tool for smoothing wet concrete surfaces
- a rasp-like tool sporting sharp cutting teeth
- as used on horse teeth
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Float.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.