Flock (messaging service)
|Original author(s)||Bhavin Turakhia|
|Type||Collaborative software, Instant messaging, Online chat|
Flock is a proprietary messaging and collaboration tool, founded by tech entrepreneur Bhavin Turakhia in 2014. The app is available on Windows, MacOS, Android, iOS and Web.
Flock users can create multiple teams for the entire company, a department or for selective members of the organisation. To join a team, users can send invites to others or share the Team URL.
Flock users can create public channels and private channels. Public channels are open for everyone to discover and join, and do not require an invitation from the team admin. These channels are meant for sharing knowledge, interests and experiences. Private channels are meant for more focused discussions, and can be joined by invite only.
- Poll app
- Shared To-dos
- Code snippet sharing
- Note sharing
- My Favourites
Flock provides its platform, FlockOS, for developers to build apps, bots and custom integrations on top of Flock. Flock conducts regular hackathons to help young developers build innovative apps by using FlockOS's capabilities.
Flock lets users integrate external apps and services from the Flock App Store. Some common apps include Google Drive, Google Analytics, Trello, GitHub, Twitter and Mailchimp. Developers can also publish apps built on FlockOS to the Flock App Store.
- Best Business Communication App of the Year by Global Mobile App Summit & Awards, July 2016
- Best Mobile Enterprise Product/Service Award by India Digital Awards 2017, February 2017
- Khedekar, Naina (August 12, 2016). "Flock, an enterprise communication and collaboration app". Firstpost.
- Chowdhary, Sudhir (April 19, 2017). "Flock messaging app makes communication seamless, brings team together". Financial Express.
- "Riva's messaging app Flock to compete with Skype, Yammer and Slack". Economic Times. Retrieved September 25, 2014.
- "Directi founder launches business chat service Flock". Medianama. Retrieved September 25, 2014.
- Varshney, Rashi (March 23, 2017). "Chat apps: From Flock to Teamchat, 4 team messenger apps you can talk business on". Financial Express.
- Pratik, Mukane (September 30, 2014). "Flock: An app to make team communication easy and keep personal chats private". Daily News and Analysis.
- Shaikh, Shadma (December 20, 2016). "Bhavin Turakhia to raise $25 million to build Flock". The Economic Times.
- "Messenger platform Flock launches feature to identify fake news". The Economic Times. January 20, 2017.
- Barker, Colin (May 10, 2017). "Fewer meetings, more productivity: Can enterprise messaging apps help your team?". ZDNet.
- Mihindukulasuriya, Regina (April 25, 2017). "What's Flock and Why Use it When You Have WhatsApp?". Businessworld.
- Noyes, Katherine (September 14, 2016). "Meet Flock, a Slack rival that claims big productivity gains". InfoWorld.
- Thomas Hector, Dearton (September 8, 2016). "Why Bhavin Turakhia thinks Flock 2.0 will be the next big thing in enterprise chat". VCCircle.
- "Billionaire Turakhias fund own startup to build rival to Slack". Livemint. 1 September 2017.
- "Flock announces the deepest integration with Google Drive in its space". Dataquest. May 11, 2017.
- Preimesberger, Chris (December 30, 2016). "Flock Launches IT's First 'Chat Operating System'". eWeek.
- "Flock app introduces a brand new interface among other features". Deccan Chronicle. September 8, 2016.
- Sahay, Priyanka (25 September 2017). "Directi founder Bhavin Turakhia launches WhatsApp like chat app Flock for professionals". VCCircle.
- Singh, Devika (September 19, 2016). ""The reliance on email will reduce," says Bhavin Turakhia, Founder & CEO, Flock". Business Today.
- Sathe, Gopal (December 20, 2016). "Flock Announces FlockOS in an Attempt to Take on Slack". NDTV.
- Shekhar, Sidharth (September 8, 2016). "Flock 2.0. Update is Here, Introduces Teams and a Brand New Interface". PCQuest.
- "Flock 2.0 – Introducing Teams and a new interface". Express Computer. September 9, 2016.
- "Flock 2.0 update brings support for Teams". Indian Express. September 12, 2016.
- "Flock Expands to 5 More Countries With Multilingual Support, New Features". NDTV. March 16, 2017.
- "Flock brings world's first chat operating system FlockOS". ETCEO.com. The Economic Times. December 21, 2016.
- "Enterprise messenger Flock now boasts of new powerful features". Deccan Chronicle. February 18, 2016.
- Rajan, Nandagopal (May 4, 2016). "Flock messaging app: The Indian competition for Slack". Indian Express.
- "Flock launches world's first chat OS". New Delhi: Indian Express. IANS.
- "Flock Channel is now live on IFTTT". Firstpost. Jun 10, 2016.
- "Flock launches world's first chat operating system". New Delhi: Business Standard. December 20, 2016.
- "Flock launches FlockOS, a Chat Operating System". Digit. December 27, 2016.
- Dutta, Subhayan (July 8, 2016). "GMASA 2016 award winners". Plunge Daily.
- Maharishi, Phalgunn (July 8, 2016). "GMASA 2016 Awards Companies For Innovative Mobile Apps". CXO Today.
- "India Digital Awards: Interactive Avenues is the Digital Agency of the Year, Mukesh Ambani Named Digital Person of the Year". Adage India. February 10, 2017.
- "Winners". Iamaiida.in. Archived from the original on July 16, 2017. Retrieved May 20, 2017.
- "India Digital Awards: Interactive Avenues wins Digital Agency of the Year". The Economic Times. February 10, 2017.