|Key people||Nicolas Philippe, Co-Founder
Hamish Brocklebank, Co-Founder
|Products||Free academic content for undergraduates + tech|
|Employees||15 (October 2012)|
Flooved is an online education platform founded in 2011, that seeks to provide free education to a global audience by providing lecture notes, handouts, and study guides online, beginning with undergraduate mathematics and physics content. The name Flooved is inspired by the Latin for stream of books.
Flooved was founded in London in July 2011 by entrepreneurs Hamish Brocklebank and Nicolas Philippe. Flooved held offices at Old Street until August 2012 and is now Headquartered in offices on HMS President close to Blackfriars. Office space is also currently held at the BBC Media Centre as part of the BBC Labs programme. As of August 2013, Flooved is hosted by Imperial Innovations, the incubator of Imperial College London
||This article may contain excessive, poor, irrelevant, or self-sourcing examples. (May 2013)|
- Finalist and one of six startups to be selected to participate in BBC Labs, a ten-month incubator programme of the BBC Worldwide mentoring scheme for digital startups – 10 September 2012.
- Nominated for "Best Web App" by The Next Web UK startups award
- Listed as amongst the Top 20 Start Ups of 2012 by startups.co.uk
- Finalist in the ‘New Boy (Technology)’ category at the Education Investor Awards 2012 – 8 August 2012.
- Highly Commended at ‘Meet the Innovators’ publishing award, organised by the Technology Strategy Board’s IC tomorrow programme in association with the IPG – 12 July 2012.
- Best Presentation at ‘Tech Scout Challenge’ organised by Global Corporate Venturing and in partnership with American Security Challenge – 18 May 2012.
- Sian Harris (August–September 2012). "Textbooks go 'all you can eat'". Research Information. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
- Meissa Limited 2006-2012 (May 31, 2012). "Flooved secures £400k investment". The Assignment Report. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
- "Flooved has moved!". Flooved Blog. Retrieved 23 October 2012.
- Paul Sawers (15 August 2012). "BBC Worldwide reveals six finalists for its London-based Labs mentoring scheme". The Next Web. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
- "Education Investor Awards 2012". Education Investor. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
- "Flooved a finalist 'New Boy' in technology". Flooved Blog. Retrieved 23 October 2012.
- Marta Cobo Gago (8 August 2012). "IC Tomorrow names Bookseer winner of publishing award". TechWorld. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
- James Mawson (18 May 2012). "Flooved and Unveillance win challenge". Global Corporate Venturing. Retrieved 2012-10-23.