floppyfw was a Linux distribution running BusyBox to provide a firewall/gateway/router on a single bootable floppy disk.
Floppyfw was maintained by Thomas Lundquist.
- Intel 80386SX or better
- two network interface cards
- 1.44MB floppy drive
- 12MByte of RAM
- Access lists
- IP-masquerading (network address translation)
- Connection tracked packet filtering
- Quite advanced routing
- Traffic shaping
- Very simple packaging system. Is used for editors, PPP, VPN, traffic shaping and whatever comes up
- Logging through klogd/syslogd, both local and remote
- Serial support for console over serial port
- DHCP server and DNS cache for internal networks