The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (December 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Source model||Open source|
|Latest release||3.0.15 / July 21, 2011|
Reviews concluded that it was a very simple and reliable gateway/firewall that could be established on small to medium-sized networks at low cost and with ease.. One independent study concluded that it was " best possible security provided by a floppy-based firewall" for the repurposing of old, redundant hardware into Linux-based firewalls or routers.
- Intel 80386SX or better
- two network interface cards
- 1.44MB floppy drive
- 12MByte of RAM
Floppyfw's features include:
- Access lists
- IP-masquerading (network address translation)
- Connection tracked packet filtering
- Quite advanced routing
- Traffic shaping
- Very simple packaging system. Is used for editors, PPP, VPN, traffic shaping and whatever comes up
- Logging through klogd/syslogd, both local and remote
- Serial support for console over serial port
- DHCP server and DNS cache for internal networks
- "Two floppy-based firewalls". Linux.com. Retrieved 14 December 2017.
- "A floppy-based Linux gateway/firewall sure to please". TechRepublic. Retrieved 14 December 2017.
- Closson, Sean (2002). "A Review Of Floppy-Based Firewalls And Their Security Considerations". SANS Institute. Retrieved 14 December 2017.
- "FloppyFW, Floppy Based Firewall". www.securiteam.com. Retrieved 2017-12-14.