FloraBase is a public access web-based database of the flora of Western Australia. It provides authoritative scientific information on 12,978 taxa, including descriptions, maps, images, conservation status and nomenclatural details. 1,272 alien taxa (naturalised weeds) are also recorded.
The system takes data from datasets including the Census of Western Australian Plants and the Western Australian Herbarium specimen database of more than 803,000 vouchered plant collections. It is operated by the Western Australian Herbarium within the Department of Parks and Wildlife. It was established in November 1998.
- Declared Rare and Priority Flora List
- For other online flora databases see List of electronic Floras.
- "2005-06 Annual Report" (PDF). Department of Parks and Wildlife. pp. (p.61). Retrieved 2007-02-05.
- Marchant, Neville; Western Australia. Dept. of Conservation and Land Management (2001), Florabase : what is it?, Dept. of Conservation & Land Management, retrieved 30 July 2022
- "FloraBase – the Western Australian Flora". Department of Environment and Conservation. Archived from the original on 2012-01-11. Retrieved 2011-12-01.; in February 2007 this number was 650,000
- "About FloraBase". Archived from the original on 2019-10-17. Retrieved 2019-11-10.