The post office in Florence
|Elevation||476 ft (145 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||434612|
The community was laid out in 1817 under the name New York. A post office was established under this name in 1827, and was renamed to Florence in 1847. The post office is still currently operating.
Florence is located at.
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Florence has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2016-08-25.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Florence, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- Wissing, Douglas (Mar 1, 2001). Indiana. Globe Pequot. p. 16. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
- "Switzerland County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved March 4, 2017.
- Climate Summary for Florence, Indiana
|This Switzerland County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|