|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (September 2015)|
The opening in June, 2010 (five years after the project started) was attended by Maine Governor John Baldacci, Shaun Donovan (Secretary of Housing and Urban Development — HUD) and other dignitaries.
Florence House was nominated by the Affordable Housing Finance magazine as a finalist for the 2010 Readers’ Choice Award. It is the first affordable housing development from Maine to be named a finalist for this award in its six-year history.
- Florence Young Housing for Homeless Women In Portland, Preble Street Resources.
- Anne Mostue, New Housing Project Aims to Open Doors for Portland's Homeless Women, Maine Public Broadcasting Network, June 4, 2010.
- John Richardson, Florence House to Open Doors for Homeless Women, Portland Press Herald, April 5, 2010.
- Avesta Housing.
- Maine State Housing Authority Funding News.
- Prepared Remarks for Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Shaun Donovan at the Florence House Grand Opening, Housing and Urban Development (HUD), June 4, 2010.
- The Nation’s Best, Affordable Housing Finance, July/August 2010.
- Affordable Housing Finance magazine 2010 Readers Choice Award finalist.
- First affordable housing development to be named a finalist.
- Governor Marks Next Step for Florence House RealEstateRama, January 28, 2009.
- Florence House Gives Homeless Women a Second Chance Maine Insights, August 27, 2010.
- The Kresge Foundation Portland Maine's Preble Street Brings People "Home for Good " by Claudia Capos, January 23, 2008.
- Affordable Housing Finance (AHF) AHF selects sixth annual Readers’ Choice finalists, August, 2010.