|Florence Elementary School|
|7902 North 36th Street
Omaha, Nebraska 68112
|Type||Public elementary school|
|School district||Omaha Public Schools|
|Principal||Mrs. Black (2008-12); Dan Hoeck (2013-present)|
The Florence School is located at 7902 North 36th Street in the Florence neighborhood of north Omaha, Nebraska, United States. The first school in the Florence area was built in the 1840s, in what was then called Cutler's Park by Mormon pioneers. The present-day Florence Elementary School was started in the late 1850s after the town of Florence was founded.
A new building was erected in 1889 at the base of the bluff overlooking the Missouri River.
- Historic Florence - Culter's Park Marker. Florence Historical Society. Retrieved 12/26/07.
- (1868) Laws, Joint Resolutions, and Memorials, Passed at the Legislative Assembly of the State of Nebraska. p 239.
- Nebraska Department of Public Instruction. (1949) Biennial Report of the State Superintendent of Public Instruction to the Nebraska State Legislature. p 396.
- Rosický, R. (1929) A History of Czechs (Bohemians) in Nebraska. Czech Historical Society of Nebraska. p 461.
- (1964) North western reporter. Second series. N.W. 2d. p 792.
- Nebraska State Education Association. (1929) The Nebraska Educational Journal. p 133.
|This Nebraska school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|