This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Florent Mothe in 2015
|Birth name||Florent Mothe|
|Also known as||Flow|
May 13, 1981|
Argenteuil, Val-d'Oise, France
|Genres||Pop, Rock, Jazz, Metal|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, Musician, Composer, Actor|
|Instruments||Vocals, Guitar, Flute, Piano, Bass|
|Labels||Warner Music France|
|Associated acts||Mozart, l'opéra rock|
Florent Mothe (born May 13, 1981) is a French singer, actor and musician.
He is most famous for playing the role of Antonio Salieri in Mozart, l'opéra rock. In this role, he performed on a number of singles including Vivre à en crever, l'Assasymphonie, and Le bien qui fait mal.
Florent Mothe was born on May 13, 1981 in Argenteuil, Val-d'Oise. He began studying music at the age of 7, at the Montigny-lès-Cormeilles school. He soon learned to play the flute, piano, bass, synthesizer and guitar, but singing was always his primary interest.
He formed his first band, Lost Smile, in 1996, and toured for around six years between France and Germany. At the same time, he played the savant in the musical l'Alphoméga, on the recording and in one performance of the show. Following that, he sang at the Hard Rock Café with his second group, Ouija. He then went to Toronto, where he began a solo career. He performed short concerts in Canadian bars, as well as at the Mod Club in New York.
His performances and recordings on his Myspace page brought him to the attention of Dove Attia and Albert Cohen, producers of Mozart, l'opéra rock, who invited him to attend casting for the musical. He was chosen for the role of Antonio Salieri. In 2010, he was awarded the title of "Francophone Discovery of the year" at the NRJ Music Awards.
His first solo album, Rock in Chair, was released in April 2013. The first single is called Je ne sais pas.
|2013||Rock In Chair||14||21|
|2016||Danser Sous La Pluie||73
|2009||"Vivre à en crever"
(duet with Mikelangelo Loconte)
|2012||"On ira" (duet with Judith)||178||–|
|2013||"Je ne sais pas"||77||50|
|"Les blessures qui ne se voient pas"||79||25|
|2015||"Quelque chose de magique"
(with Camille Lou)
|2016||"Auprès d'un autre"||43|
|"Quoi de neuf?"||146
- with the cast of Mozart, l'opéra rock
|"Le bien qui fait mal"||9||8 |
|2010||"C'est bientôt la fin"||22||25 |
- with the cast of La Légende du roi Arthur
|2014||"Mon combat (Tir nam beo)"
|187||–||from La Légende du roi Arthur|
- 2010 NRJ Music Award for "L'Assasymphonie": Francophone Song of the Year 2009
- 2010 NRJ Music Award as member of the cast of Mozart l'Opéra Rock: Francophone Duo/Group of the Year
- Metro N° 1733 Paris vendredi 5 férvrier 2010, p. 20
- Clip de Mon combat (Tir Nam Beo) : Florent Mothe et Zaho dans La légende du Roi Arthur, chartsinfrance.net, 13 December 2014
- "Florent Mothe discography". lescharts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- "Florent Mothe discography". ultratop/be/fr/. Hung Medien. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- "Le Top de la semaine : Top Albums Fusionnes - SNEP (Week 49, 2016)" (in French). Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique. Retrieved 13 December 2016.
- Patwhite-com: "NRJ Music Awards 2010: Chanson francophone de l’année"