The Florestan Trio was a piano trio. Formed in 1995 in London, England, its members were Anthony Marwood (violin), Richard Lester (cello), and Susan Tomes (piano). Their recording of the first two trios by Schumann won the 1999 Gramophone Award for chamber music. Also in 1999, the Trio received the Music Award for Chamber Ensemble from Britain’s Royal Philharmonic Society. On 13 June 2009 they performed Beethoven's Symphony No. 2 in D major in a rarely heard arrangement by the composer for piano trio. The Florestan Trio recorded extensively for the Hyperion label. Their final series of concerts was given at the Wigmore Hall in London in January 2012.
- Florestan Trio at AllMusic
- "Past RPS Music Awards Winners". Royal Philharmonic Society. Archived from the original on 15 July 2011.
- Tomes, Susan (5 June 2009). "The Florestan Trio: Who needs an orchestra to play a symphony?". The Guardian.
- "About The Florestan Trio". www.florestantrio.com. Archived from the original on 11 February 2012.
- "Florestan Trio Reviews". Wigmore Hall. 7 January 2012. Archived from the original on 16 January 2012.
|This article on a United Kingdom band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|