Florida's 19th congressional district
|Florida's 19th congressional district|
Florida's 19th congressional district - since January 3, 2013.
|Current Representative||Francis Rooney (R–Naples)|
|Area||1,367 sq mi (3,540 km2)|
NOTE: This district's boundaries were changed in 2016. This map is not presently accurate.
Florida's 19th congressional district is an electoral district for the U.S. Congress, located in southwestern Florida. The district includes an area on the west coast of Florida from Fort Myers to Marco Island.
Presidential Election History
This section needs to be updated.(December 2017)
|2000||George W. Bush 73%|
|2004||George W. Bush 66%|
|2008||John McCain 65%|
|2012||Barack Obama 50%|
|2016||Donald Trump 52%|
|No Party Affiliation||Brandon M. Smith||6,637||2.2|
|Republican gain from Democratic|
|Write-in||Timothy J. Rossano||24||0.0|
|Write-in||Timothy J. Rossano||12||0.0|
|Democratic||Robert M. Neeld||123,812||34.1|
|Write-in||Timothy John Rossano||20||0|
List of representatives
|District created||January 3, 1983|
|Dante Fascell||Democratic||January 3, 1983 – January 3, 1993||98th
|Redistricted from the 15th district, Retired|
|Harry Johnston||Democratic||January 3, 1993 – January 3, 1997||103rd
|Redistricted from the 14th district, Retired|
|Robert Wexler||Democratic||January 3, 1997 – January 3, 2010||105th
|Resigned to become president of the Center for Middle East Peace and Economic Cooperation|
|Vacant||January 3, 2010 – April 13, 2010||111th||Florida's 19th congressional district special election, 2010|
|Ted Deutch||Democratic||April 13, 2010 – January 3, 2013||111th
|Redistricted to the 21st district|
|Trey Radel||Republican||January 3, 2013 – January 27, 2014||113th||Resigned|
|Vacant||January 27, 2014 – June 24, 2014||Florida's 19th congressional district special election, 2014|
|Curt Clawson||Republican||June 24, 2014 – January 3, 2017||113th
|Francis Rooney||Republican||January 3, 2017 – present||115th||Incumbent|
Living former representatives
As of January 2017[update], there are five former members of the U.S. House of Representatives from Florida's 19th congressional district who are currently living at this time.
|Representative||Term of office||Date of birth (and age)|
|Harry Johnston||1993–1997||December 2, 1931|
|Robert Wexler||1997–2010||January 2, 1961|
|Ted Deutch*||2010–2013||May 7, 1966|
|Trey Radel||2013–2014||April 20, 1976|
|Curt Clawson||2014–2017||September 28, 1959|
*Still serving in Congress from a different district.
Historical district boundaries
- "Congressional Plan--SC14-1905 (Ordered by The Florida Supreme Court, 2-December-2015)" (PDF). Florida Senate Committee on Reapportionment. Retrieved 11 January 2017.
- "Partisan Voting Index – Districts of the 115th Congress" (PDF). The Cook Political Report. April 7, 2017. Retrieved April 7, 2017.
- "Florida Department of State - Election Results: November 6, 2012 General Election". Florida Department of State Department of Elections. Retrieved March 31, 2013.
- "Florida Department of State - Election Results: June 24, 2014 Special General Congressional 19". Florida Department of State Department of Elections. Retrieved June 18, 2016.
- "Florida Department of State - Election Results: November 4, 2014 General Election". Florida Department of State Department of Elections. Retrieved June 18, 2016.
- ""Florida Department of State Division of Elections"".
- King, Ledyard (May 20, 2016). "U.S. Rep. Curt Clawson won't seek re-election". The News-Press. Retrieved June 16, 2016.
- Martis, Kenneth C. (1989). The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress. New York: Macmillan Publishing Company.
- Congressional Biographical Directory of the United States 1774–present