Florida's 26th congressional district
|Florida's 26th congressional district|
Florida's 26th congressional district - since January 3, 2017
|Current Representative||Carlos Curbelo (R–Miami)|
|Area||5,171 sq mi (13,390 km2)|
Florida's 26th congressional district is an electoral district for the U.S. Congress, which was created in South Florida during 2012, effective January 2013, as a result of the 2010 Census. The first candidates ran in the 2012 House elections, and the winner was seated for the 113th Congress on January 3, 2013.
Carlos Curbelo currently represents the district.
Election results from presidential races:
|2012||President||Barack Obama 55.4 - Mitt Romney 43.9%|
|2016||President||Hillary Clinton 56.7 - Donald Trump 40.6%|
List of representatives
|District created||January 3, 2013|
|Joe Garcia||Democratic||January 3, 2013 –
January 3, 2015
|Carlos Curbelo||Republican||January 3, 2015 –
|First elected in 2014.|
Re-elected in 2016.
Living former representatives
As of January 2017[update], there is one living former member of the House from the district.
|Representative||Term in office||Date of birth (and age)|
|Joe Garcia||January 3, 2013 – January 3, 2015||October 12, 1963|
- "Congressional Plan--SC14-1905 (Ordered by The Florida Supreme Court, 2-December-2015)" (PDF). Florida Senate Committee on Reapportionment. Retrieved January 11, 2017.
- Geography, US Census Bureau. "Congressional Districts Relationship Files (state-based)". www.census.gov.
- Bureau, Center for New Media & Promotion (CNMP), US Census. "My Congressional District". www.census.gov.
- "Partisan Voting Index – Districts of the 115th Congress" (PDF). The Cook Political Report. April 7, 2017. Retrieved April 7, 2017.
- "Census 2010 shows Red states gaining congressional districts". Washington Post. Retrieved December 21, 2010.
- See whole Florida state map for 2013, with the 26th district covering Monroe County and Miami-Dade County: h9047_35x42L.pdf Congressional Plan: H000C9047. Chapter No. 2012-2, Laws of Florida. www.flsenate.gov. February 16, 2012.
- See the 2013 boundaries of the 26th district, covering Monroe County and western Miami-Dade in the 2013 districts map: H000C9047_map_se.pdf, for the southeast region of Florida. Congressional Plan: H000C9047. Chapter No. 2012-2, Laws of Florida. www.flsenate.gov. February 2012.