Florida's 24th congressional district
|Florida's 24th congressional district|
Florida's 24th congressional district - since January 3, 2017
|Current Representative||Frederica Wilson (D–Miami)|
|Area||115 sq mi (300 km2)|
Florida's 24th congressional district is an electoral district for the U.S. Congress, located in southeast Florida. It was reassigned after the 2010 U.S. Census, and includes an area from Miami to Miramar.
From 2003 to 2012, the 24th district had been created after the 2000 U.S. Census and included portions of Brevard County (including Titusville) and parts of Orange, Seminole, and Volusia counties. The district encompassed Port Orange, Winter Park, Edgewater, and New Smyrna Beach.
It is the most heavily Democratic district in both Florida and the entire Southeastern United States.
- 1 Voter Registration
- 2 List of representatives
- 3 Election results from recent presidential races
- 4 Election Results
- 5 Living former Members of the U.S. House of Representatives from Florida's 24th congressional district
- 6 Historical district boundaries
- 7 Notes
- 8 References
- 9 External links
As of November 2016:
- Democrats: 253,606 (64.99%)
- Independents: 89,084 (22.83%)
- Republicans: 43,218 (11.07%)
- Others: 4,264 (1.09%)
List of representatives
|District created||January 3, 2003|
|Tom Feeney||Republican||January 3, 2003 –
January 3, 2009
|111th||Suzanne Kosmas||Democratic||January 3, 2009 –
January 3, 2011
|112th||Sandy Adams||Republican||January 3, 2011 –
January 3, 2013
|Redistricted to the 7th district and lost renomination there|
|Frederica Wilson||Democratic||January 3, 2013 –
|Redistricted from the 17th district|
Election results from recent presidential races
|2000||George W. Bush 53% - Al Gore 47%|
|2004||George W. Bush 55% - John Kerry 45%|
|2008||John McCain 51% - Barack Obama 49%|
|2012||Barack Obama 85.7% - Mitt Romney 13.9%|
|2016||Hillary Clinton 83.0% - Donald Trump 15.2%|
|Democratic gain from Republican|
|Republican gain from Democratic|
Living former Members of the U.S. House of Representatives from Florida's 24th congressional district
As of January 2017[update], there are three former members of the U.S. House of Representatives from Florida's 24th congressional district who are currently living at this time.
|Representative||Term in office||Date of birth (and age)|
|Tom Feeney||2003–2009||May 21, 1958|
|Suzanne Kosmas||2009–2011||February 25, 1944|
|Sandy Adams||2011–2013||December 14, 1956|
Historical district boundaries
- "Congressional Plan--SC14-1905 (Ordered by The Florida Supreme Court, 2-December-2015)" (PDF). Florida Senate Committee on Reapportionment. Retrieved 11 January 2017.
- "Partisan Voting Index – Districts of the 115th Congress" (PDF). The Cook Political Report. April 7, 2017. Retrieved April 7, 2017.
- "2016 General Election Active Registered Voters By Congressional District" (PDF).
- Rep. Frederica Wilson official House of Representatives site
|This United States Congress–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|