From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Elevation||883 ft (269 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||434613|
Florida is located at.
Florida was founded in 1856. It likely took its name from the state of Florida. A post office was established at Florida in 1864, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1903.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Florida, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- Forkner, John La Rue; Dyson, Byron H. (1897). Historical Sketches and Reminiscences of Madison County, Indiana. Wilson, Humprheys & Co. p. 815.
- "Towns named after states". Reading Eagle. Jul 2, 1897. p. 3. Retrieved 14 October 2015.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 134. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...apparently named for the state.
- "Madison County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 1 January 2015.
|This Madison County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|