FIU School of Hospitality & Tourism Management
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Students||1,998 (Spring 2012)|
|Location||North Miami, Florida, U.S.|
The Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management at Florida International University, located at the Biscayne Bay Campus in North Miami, Florida in the United States is one of the university's 26 schools and colleges. The University was chartered in 1965 and opened in 1972.
The campus includes a natural mangrove preserve, direct access to the bay, apartment-style housing, library, aquatic center, and the Roz and Cal Kovens Conference Center. On-campus housing is also available at the Bay Vista Apartments through the housing community.
FIU’s Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management has been recognized as one of[clarification needed] the top hospitality programs in the country, with more than 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students per year. 
Undergraduate and graduate applicants are required to submit an application for admission to the University and to follow admission procedures stated on its prospective Admissions website. In order to be approved for entrance into the School, applicants must first be eligible for admission into the university.
The School is accredited by the following: Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration (ACPHA).
The School offers flexible study options with its variety of degrees and certificate programs in Hotel, Restaurant, Hospitality, Travel and Tourism specializations available both on campus and via distance learning.
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management
- Combined Bachelor of Science & Master in Science in Hospitality Management (4+1) Program
- Master of Science in Hospitality Management (non-thesis and thesis)
- Executive Master of Science in Hospitality Management
- Joint Master of Science in International Real Estate and Hospitality Management
- Specialization in Hospitality Real Estate Development
- Ed.D. in Adult Education & Human Resource Development
- Ph.D. in Business Administration
The school is located on the Biscayne Bay Campus, which is about 200 acres (809,000 m²).
The government of the People’s Republic of China selected Florida International University from a group of hospitality schools in the U.S. and Europe as its partner in establishing a hospitality and tourism management campus in Tianjin, the third largest city in China which serves as the seaport for the capital, Beijing. The $100 million center, which was fully funded by the Chinese government, sits on 80 acres (320,000 m2) of land and contains more than 450,000 square feet (42,000 m2) of space, including a dormitory tower 20 stories high, which can accommodate 1,000 students. The center has a total capacity for 2,000 students. The FIU Marriott Tianjin China Program opened in September 2006. 
- Florida International University Department Indicators: School of Hospitality and Tourism Management. Retrieved 2011-11-28.
- Lische, Sophia (July 16, 2015). "FIU's Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management!". Portfolium.
- "Marriott Tianjin China Program Overview".