Florida Law Related Education Association
|Founded||Tallahassee, Florida (1984 )|
The Florida Law Related Education Association, Inc. (FLREA) is a private corporation classified as a non-profit organization under the 501(c)(3) section of the United States Internal Revenue Code. The main offices are located at 2874 Remington Green Circle, Suite A, Tallahassee, Florida, 32308, United States.
FLREA was established in 1984 “to improve justice and expand education for democracy through the development and implementation of law related education programs for Florida youth” The organization has grown into one of the premiere and most respected law related education associations in the country.
The current executive director is Annette Boyd Pitts
The Florida Law Related Education Association is involved in coordination and execution of the following activities:
- Campaign for Civic Education
- Civitas International Civic Education Exchange Program
- Florida High School Mock Trial Competition
- Florida Law Honor Society
- Justice Teaching Institute
- Moot Court Competition
- Kids Voting
- Law Week
- United States Senate Youth Program
- We the People: The Citizen and the Constitution
- We the People: Project Citizen
FLREA has received the National Improvements in Justice Award and the Isidore Starr Award for excellence in law related education. In addition, participants in the FLREA Mock Trial competition have gone on to place in the top ten at the National High School Mock Trial Championship.
- "The Florida Law Related Education Association, Inc.". Idealist:Action Without Borders. 2007-01-25. Retrieved 2008-05-20.
- "About FLREA". FLREA. Florida Law Related Education Association, Inc. 2005. Retrieved 2008-05-20.
- "Civics in Florida" (PowerPoint Presentation). Florida Law Related Education Association, Inc. Retrieved 2008-05-20.
- "Programs". Florida Law Related Education Association, Inc. 2005. Retrieved 2008-05-20.
- "Welcome to FLREA!". Florida Law Related Education Association, Inc. 2005. Retrieved 2008-05-20.