Florida State Road 60
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Maintained by FDOT|
|Length||161.336 mi (259.645 km)|
|Existed||1945 – present|
|West end||Clearwater Beach|
US 19 in Clearwater|
I-275 in Tampa
US 41 in Tampa
I-75 in Brandon
US 17 / US 98 in Bartow
US 27 in Lake Wales
Florida's Turnpike / US 441 at Yeehaw Junction
I-95 near Fellsmere
US 1 in Vero Beach
|East end||SR A1A in Vero Beach|
State Road 60 (SR 60) is an east–west route transversing Florida from the Gulf of Mexico to the Atlantic Ocean. The western terminus of SR 60 is at the Sunsets at Pier 60 site in Clearwater Beach. The eastern terminus is in Vero Beach near the Atlantic Coast just past State Road A1A.
SR 60 is primarily a four lane divided highway from its western terminus through the town of Lake Wales to County Road 630 near Indian Lake Estates; from there it is a two-lane road until reaching Florida's Turnpike at Yeehaw Junction. From there until its eastern terminus it is a divided highway.
In the Tampa Bay area it is the main route from Tampa to the Clearwater area beaches and from Tampa International Airport to northern Pinellas county. It also provides service from Tampa International Airport to the Suncoast Parkway. It is the main non-limited access route from downtown Tampa to Brandon, paralleling the Lee Roy Selmon Expressway.
As of 2005, SR 60 briefly divides into two, one-way streets in southern downtown Clearwater. This is a result of the recent realignment of the SR 60 corridor in the area, following the completion of the new Memorial Causeway.
Local street names for SR 60
From west to east:
- Causeway Boulevard from the intersection with Gulfview Boulevard and Mandalay Avenue on Clearwater Beach to causeway.
- Memorial Causeway on causeway between Clearwater Beach and mainland Clearwater.
- SR 60 divides into Court Street (one-way westbound) and Chestnut Street (one-way eastbound) between Bay Ave and Ewing Ave.
- Court Street from Ewing Ave to S Highland Ave.
- Gulf-to-Bay Boulevard from S Highland Avenue to Tampa Bay.
- Courtney Campbell Causeway over Tampa Bay to Memorial Highway, the eastern terminus of Courtney Campbell Causeway, and the southern terminus of SR 589 in Tampa
- Memorial Highway from the eastern terminus of Courtney Campbell Causeway and southern terminus of SR 589 to junction I-275
- John F. Kennedy Boulevard from I-275 to Channelside Drive. (Cosigned with Business U.S. Highway 41 most of that section)
- Channelside Drive until junction Adamo Drive.
- Adamo Drive until junction with Interstate 75.
- Brandon Boulevard from I-75 until Mount Carmel Road.
- SR 60 to Plant City.
- Hopewell Road in Plant City, resumes SR 60 east of Plant City.
- Simply signed SR 60 from there until reaching Mulberry city limits.
- Canal Street in Mulberry, resumes SR 60 signage east of Mulberry.
- West Main Street west of Bartow city limits.
- SR 60 divides into SR 60A (Bypass 60) and Business SR 60 at Baker Street in Bartow
- From east of Bartow to Lake Wales is simply called SR 60. In Lake Wales it is called West Polk, although it changes to Hesperides Road in eastern Lake Wales and east of the city.
- Simply signed SR 60 until Interstate 95.
- 20th Street in Vero Beach from Interstate 95 to 20th Avenue.
- 19th Place (one-way eastbound) and 20th Street (one-way westbound) in Vero Beach from east of 20th Avenue until Commerce Avenue.
- 20th Street (one-way eastbound) and 20th Place (one-way westbound) in Vero Beach from east of Commerce Avenue to west of 6th Avenue.
- 20th Street from west of 6th Avenue in Vero Beach to Indian River Blvd.
- Cosigned with Indian River Blvd until Merrill P. Barber Bridge.
- Merrill P. Barber Bridge over the Indian River.
- Beachland Boulevard after bridge until eastern terminus at State Road A1A.
- Stan Mayfield Memorial Highway from the Florida Turnpike to I-95.
- Richard Raczkoski Memorial Highway from I-95 to 43rd Avenue.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (May 2015)
Originally, SR 60 in Clearwater traveled west of Highland Avenue along Gulf-to-Bay Boulevard and Cleveland Street to the Memorial Causeway. When construction of the new Memorial Causeway began in 2001/2002, SR 60 was realigned along Court Street and Pierce Boulevard to the Causeway, with the original alignment downloaded to the city of Clearwater. Between Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and Pierce, SR 60 is split into two one-way streets—Court Street carrying westbound traffic, and Chestnut Street carrying eastbound traffic.
Prior to the realignment, Court Street east of Missouri Avenue was known as SR 651, while Court and Chestnut Streets west of Missouri was a locally maintained road signed as "Bypass 60".
|Pinellas||Clearwater||−0.14||−0.23||Poinsettia Avenue, Mandalay Avenue, Coronado Drive (CR 183 south) - Marina, Sand Key||traffic circle|
|0.000||0.000||west end of state maintenance at base of Clearwater Harbor Channel bridge|
|0.447||0.719||Island Way - Clearwater Marine Aquarium|
|Clearwater Memorial Causeway over Clearwater Harbor (Gulf Intracoastal Waterway)|
|1.971||3.172||South Fort Harrison Avenue||former US 19 Alt. / SR 595|
US 19 Alt. north (South Myrtle Avenue / SR 595)
|west end of US 19 Alt. / SR 595 overlap|
US 19 Alt. south (South Missouri Avenue / SR 595 / SR 651)
|east end of US 19 Alt. / SR 595 overlap; west end of SR 651 overlap|
|3.482||5.604||South Highland Avenue (CR 375) / Gulf to Bay Boulevard to Cleveland Street - Downtown Clearwater||former SR 60 west; east end of SR 651 overlap; no left turn eastbound|
|3.734||6.009||Lake Drive (CR 385)|
|4.243||6.828||CR 1 (Keene Road)|
|4.752||7.648||South Hercules Avenue (CR 425)|
|5.262||8.468||CR 501 (South Belcher Road)|
|6.002||9.659||Old Coachman Road (CR 535 north)|
|6.261||10.076||US 19 (SR 55) – St. Petersburg, Tarpon Springs||interchange|
|7.55||12.15||CR 611 (McMullen Booth Road / Bayside Bridge) – St. Petersburg, Safety Harbor, Ruth Eckerd Hall, St. Petersburg-Clearwater International Airport||interchange|
|Old Tampa Bay||12.406–|
|Courtney Campbell Causeway|
|17.539||28.226||SR 589 north (Veterans Expressway) / Independence Parkway||interchange; Independence Parkway (exit 2B) only has access from SR 60 west and to SR 60 east; SR 60 westbound follows exit 2A from nascent SR 589 north|
|17.539||28.226||CR 576 (Memorial Highway) / Eisenhower Boulevard – Air Cargo||interchange; signed as exit 3; exit is combined with SR 589 in both directions|
|18.397||29.607||SR 616 (Spruce Street) – Raymond James Stadium||interchange; signed eastbound as exit 1B|
|18.418||29.641||Tampa International Airport||interchange; signed eastbound as exit 1A|
|19.058||30.671||I-275 south (SR 93) – St. Petersburg||interchange; eastbound exit and westbound entrance; I-275 exit 39|
|19.228||30.944||I-275 north (SR 93) to I-4 – Tampa||interchange; eastbound exit and westbound entrance; I-275 exit 39|
|19.404||31.228||To I-275 south / Kennedy Boulevard – St. Petersburg||I-275 exit 39|
|19.757||31.796||CR 587 (South West Shore Boulevard) to I-275 north|
|20.897||33.630||US 92 (South Dale Mabry Highway / SR 600)|
|21.511||34.619||SR 685 south (Henderson Boulevard)||west end of SR 685 overlap|
|23.639||38.043||Kennedy Boulevard Bridge over Hillsborough River|
|23.725||38.182||To I-275 / I-4 / Ashley Street North|
US 41 Bus. north (Florida Avenue North / SR 685) to I-4 / I-275
|east end of SR 685 overlap; west end of US 41 Bus. overlap|
|24.160||38.882||To SR 618 (Selmon Expressway) / I-4 east / I-275 north / Jefferson Street North – Brandon, St. Petersburg|
|24.388||39.249||SR 45 north (Nebraska Avenue) to SR 618 east (Selmon Expressway local lanes)||west end of SR 45 overlap|
|24.459||39.363||Meridian Avenue (SR 618A west)||west end of SR 618A overlap (eastbound only)|
|24.518||39.458||To SR 618 east (Selmon Expressway express lanes) / Meridian Avenue (SR 618A east) – Brandon||east end of SR 618A overlap (eastbound only)|
US 41 Bus. south (21st Street / SR 45) to SR 618 – Port Cargo, Ferry Terminal 7
|east end of US 41 Bus. / SR 45 overlap|
|25.761||41.458||22nd Street north||Former SR 585 north.|
|26.961||43.390||SR 569 north (North 39th Street) to I-4|
|27.862||44.840||US 41 (50th Street / SR 599) to I-4 – Temple Terrace, Gibsonton|
|Palm River||29.860||48.055||South 78th Street (CR 573 south)|
|29.983||48.253||SR 618 west (Selmon Expressway)||SR 618 exit 12|
|South Tampa||30.809||49.582||US 301 (SR 43) – Zephyrhills, Riverview|
|Brandon||32.47||52.26||I-75 (SR 93A) to SR 618 (Selmon Expressway) – Naples, Ocala, Tampa||I-75 exit 257|
|33.697||54.230||To SR 618 west (Selmon Expressway) / South Lakewood Drive (SR 618A west) – Brandon Town Center|
|35.467||57.079||Lithia Pinecrest Road (CR 640 east)|
|Hopewell||45.256||72.832||SR 39 north (James L. Redman Parkway) / CR 39 south – Plant City, Pinecrest, Alafia River State Park|
|Polk||Mulberry||53.751||86.504||CR 676 west (Nichols Road) – Nichols|
|55.317||89.024||SR 37 (Church Avenue) to SR 570 (Polk Parkway) – Lakeland, Bradley Junction|
|Bartow||62.397||100.418||CR 555 south|
|62.733||100.959||Main Street||former SR 60 Bus. east|
|63.591||102.340||US 98 north (Broadway Avenue / SR 35 / SR 700 north) to SR 570 (Polk Parkway) – Lakeland, Downtown Bartow, Historic District||west end of US 98 / SR 700 overlap|
|64.204||103.326||US 98 south (East Van Fleet Drive / SR 700) to US 17 (SR 555) – Winter Haven, Fort Meade||east end of US 98 / SR 700 overlap|
|65.100||104.768||Flamingo Drive - Historic District||former SR 60 Bus. west|
|||68.781||110.692||CR 655A south (80 Foot Road)|
|||71.030||114.312||CR 655 north (Rifle Range Road)|
|||71.538||115.129||CR 655A south (Alturas Road North) – Alturas|
|||75.899||122.148||West Lake Wales Road South - West Lake Wales|
|Lake Wales||79.11||127.32||US 27 (SR 25) to I-4 – Haines City, Avon Park, Legoland||interchange|
|79.593||128.093||To SR 17 / Polk Avenue (CR 60A east)|
|80.45||129.47||To SR 17 / Hesperides Road (CR 60A west) – Historic District||interchange; westbound exit and eastbound entrance|
|81.380||130.968||CR 17B south (11th Street)||west end of CR 17B overlap|
|81.912||131.825||CR 17B north (Buck Moore Road) – Bok Tower Gardens||east end of CR 17B overlap|
|Hesperides||88.615||142.612||Boy Scout Camp Road / Walk-in-Water Road - Lake Kissimmee State Park|
|||90.424||145.523||Doherty Drive - Nalcrest, Lakeshore|
|Indian Lake Estates||98.684||158.817||CR 630 west – Frostproof, Lake Wales Ridge State Forest|
|Osceola||Yeehaw Junction||125.457||201.903||US 441 (SR 15) – Holopaw, Okeechobee|
|126.09||202.92||Florida's Turnpike (SR 91) – Orlando, Miami||Turnpike exit 193|
|Indian River||||142.776||229.776||CR 512 east|
|||150.47||242.16||I-95 (SR 9) – Daytona Beach, West Palm Beach, Fort Pierce||I-95 exit 147|
|||151.819||244.329||82nd Avenue (CR 619)|
|||153.816||247.543||66th Avenue (CR 615)|
|||154.839||249.189||58th Avenue (CR 613)|
|Vero Beach||155.839||250.799||CR 611 (43rd Avenue)|
|156.852||252.429||27th Avenue||former SR 607 south|
|157.774||253.913||Old Dixie Highway (CR 605 south)|
|158.362||254.859||US 1 (SR 5) – McKee Botanical Garden|
|158.916||255.751||To SR A1A / Indian River Boulevard (CR 603 south) – Beaches|
|159.892||257.321||Indian River Boulevard (CR 603 north)|
|Merrill P. Barber Bridge over Indian River (Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway)|
|161.336||259.645||SR A1A / Beachland Boulevard – Business District|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
State Road 60A
State Road 60A served as a bypass for Bartow, Florida, until SR 60 was realigned to follow that route in 2006. It is briefly cosigned with US 98 during its route. It is mainly known as Van Fleet Drive.
- FDOT straight line diagrams Archived March 6, 2014, at the Wayback Machine., accessed February 2014
- Bielecki, Michael. "Stan Mayfield is remembered with State Road 60 dedication", VeroNews.com, 12 November 2009. Retrieved 28 June 2016. Note: highway name designated by 2009 Legislature of Florida.
- Carson, Debbie. "Dep. Raczkoski Memorial Highway Dedication", VeroNews.com, 23 September 2011. Retrieved 28 June 2016. Note: highway name designated by 2010 Legislature of Florida.
- Google Maps distance
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Florida State Road 60.|
Route map: Google