Florin Șerban (Romanian pronunciation: [floˈrin ʃerˈban]; born January 21, 1975 in Reșița) is a Romanian film director whose film If I Want to Whistle, I Whistle won the Jury Grand Prix and the Alfred Bauer Prize at the 2010 Berlin Film festival. The film was also selected as the Romanian entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 83rd Academy Awards but it did not make the final shortlist.
His second movie, Box (2015) premiered at Karlovy Vary Film Festival and won FIPRESCI award.
He is one of several young Romanian filmmakers to have had international success since the mid-2000s.
- Mecano - 2001 (student film)
- Jumătate de oraş face dragoste cu cealaltă jumătate - 2002
- Eu cand vreau sa fluier, fluier - 2010
- Box (2015)
- "Prizes of the International Jury". Retrieved 2010-02-21.
- ""Eu cand vreau sa fluier, fluier" – Romania's entry for Oscars". Nine O'Clock. Retrieved 2010-08-17.
- "9 Foreign Language Films Continue to Oscar Race". oscars.org. Retrieved 2011-01-19.
|This article about a Romanian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|