The floss or flossing is a dance move in which a person repeatedly swings their arms, with clenched fists, from the back of their body to the front, on each side. It is often performed by children twelve and under, and gamers that play Fortnite. Media outlets have commented that the dance is harder to perform than it appears.
Videos of the dance on social media became viral after Russell Horning (later dubbed the "Backpack Kid") performed it during a Saturday Night Live live performance of Katy Perry's song "Swish Swish", in May 2017. It has since become a trend among children and teens, and has been performed by celebrities in videos. The Floss is also featured in Universal Kids, Disney XD, and Disney Channel.
Flossing is featured in the 2017 video game, Fortnite, as a limited-time dance "emote" as a reward from the Battle Pass Season 2 that can be performed by the characters while playing. Flossing is very popular in schools, due to Fortnite, increasing the popularity, along with the other "emotes".
- Whelan, Zara (17 April 2018). "'The Floss' dance craze sweeps the nation – here's how you do it". lincolnshirelive. Retrieved 2018-05-15.
- "How to floss dance, who created it and why is everyone doing it?". 18 April 2018.
- "What Is 'The Floss' And Where Did It Come From?". 13 April 2018. Retrieved 2018-05-15.
- "Forget fidget spinners, now the craze is The Floss dance". Stuff. Retrieved 2018-05-15.
- "From Fortnite to the classroom: the 'floss' dance craze sweeping schools | Tes News". www.tes.com. Retrieved 2018-05-15.
- "'It's Mr Bean!': Jeremy Corbyn attempts 'flossing' dance craze". standard.co.uk. Retrieved 31 October 2018.
|This dance-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|