|Full name||Floyd Franks|
|Date of birth||April 5, 1984|
|Place of birth||Vestavia Hills, Alabama, United States|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|2008||Cleveland City Stars||17||(2)|
|2012||Vancouver Whitecaps FC||2||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of December 13, 2014.
Floyd Franks (born April 5, 1984) is an American soccer player.
College and Amateur
Franks attended Vestavia Hills High School and played four years of college soccer at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, finishing his career with 18 goals and 15 assists in 71 matches. He two-time all-Conference USA selection after his sophomore and junior seasons and an all-Atlantic 10 Conference selection after his senior season.
After being released by Chicago at the end of the 2007 season, Franks signed with Cleveland City Stars in April 2008, and spent a year playing in the USL Second Division before moving to Denmark to play with Blokhus in the Danish 2nd Division West. He played 33 games and scored 4 goals for the Danes before leaving in a blaze of glory at the end of the 2008/09 season. Floyd currently is up for election into the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame. Additionally, he was voted a rising star in "Dunavant Soccer" magazine, which described Franks as "an athlete, a tremendous competitor." 
Franks was signed by Vancouver Whitecaps FC of Major League Soccer on March 6, 2012 and waived on June 28. He later returned to the RailHawks. On July 25, 2013, Midway through the 2012, Franks was traded by the RailHawks to the Minnesota United FC.
- "Carolina Dynamo All-Time Player Stats 1993–2006". Carolina Dynamo. Retrieved January 8, 2008.
- "Roster". Carolina RailHawks. Retrieved September 12, 2012.
- MLS Veteran Floyd Franks to Join Stars Roster Archived July 8, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- John Ryan, Editor of Dunavant Magazine
- "RailHawks bolster midfield with addition of Floyd Franks". NASL.com. Retrieved February 24, 2010.[dead link]
- "Vancouver Whitecaps FC add midfielder Floyd Franks". Whitecapsfc.com. March 6, 2012. Retrieved March 6, 2012.
- "Whitecaps FC trade Long Tan to D.C. United and waive Floyd Franks | Vancouver Whitecaps FC". Whitecapsfc.com. June 28, 2012. Retrieved September 12, 2012.
- "News". Carolina RailHawks. Retrieved September 12, 2012.