Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Canelo Álvarez
|Date||September 14, 2013|
|Venue||MGM Grand Garden Arena|
|Title(s) on the line||WBA (Super), WBC, and The Ring super welterweight titles|
|Tale of the tape|
Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Canelo Álvarez, billed as "The One", was a boxing light middleweight championship superfight. The bout was held on September 14, 2013, in the MGM Grand Garden Arena, at the MGM Grand Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States, on Showtime PPV. The bout took place at a 152-pound catchweight, two pounds below the light middleweight limit of 154 pounds. Mayweather received $41.5 million for this fight before taking into account pay-per-view sales. 
The fight was won by Mayweather in a 12-round majority decision in front of a sold out crowd of 16,746. Judge C. J. Ross scored the fight 114–114, a draw. Judge Dave Moretti had it 116–112, and Craig Metcalfe scored it 117–111. Ross retired after this fight, after the scorecards were roundly criticized for not reflecting how dominant Mayweather's performance was. Out of 86 media scorecards, all 86 scored the fight for Mayweather, with an average score of 119-109.
|Light middleweight||Floyd Mayweather Jr. (c)||def.||Canelo Álvarez (c)||MD||12/12||[note 1]|
|Light welterweight||Danny García (c)||def.||Lucas Matthysse (ic)||UD||12/12||[note 2]|
|Light middleweight||Carlos Amado Molina||def.||Ishe Smith (c)||SD||12/12||[note 3]|
|Welterweight||Pablo César Cano||def.||Ashley Theophane||SD||10/10|
|Super middleweight||Ronald Gavril||def.||Shujaa El Amin||UD||8/8|
|Middleweight||Chris Pearson||def.||Josh Williams||TKO||1/8||1:14|
|Super middleweight||Luís Arias||def.||James Winchester||UD||6/6|
|Super middleweight||Lanell Bellows||def.||Jordan Moore||KO||1/4||2:30|
|TV Pública Digital|
|Estonia||Viasat Sport Baltic|
|Iceland||Stöð 2 Sport|
|Latvia||Viasat Sport Baltic|
|Lithuania||Viasat Sport Baltic|
|New Zealand||Sky Arena|
GMA News TV1
|Qatar||Al Jazeera Sports|
|United States||Showtime PPV|
|US Military AFN Sports|
1The GMA News TV telecast ceased commercial operations due to high airtime cost with live coverage via satellite feed of Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Canelo Álvarez, part of GMA News TV ceased broadcasting operations due to the network's "disappointing" development. The GMA Network management announced that GMA News TV would sign-off on December 31, 2013, but the sign-off never materialized.
- Lem Satterfield (30 May 2013). "Mayweather-Alvarez is set for Sept. 14 – RingTV". Ringtv.com. Retrieved 30 May 2013.
- Dan Rafael (30 May 2013). "Mayweather-Alvarez to fight at 152". ESPN. Retrieved 14 June 2020.
- "Google Trends 2013: 'Mayweather vs Canelo' breaks top 10 in U.S". Archived from the original on 2017-10-18. Retrieved 2014-05-09.
- "Floyd Mayweather vs Canelo Alvarez - as it happened". The Guardian. London. 15 September 2013. Retrieved 17 September 2013.
- "Mayweather wins majority decision vs. Alvarez". USA Today. 15 September 2013. Retrieved 17 September 2013.
- "As it happened". BBC Sport. 15 September 2013. Retrieved 17 September 2013.
- "Mayweather dominates Alvarez despite laughable scorecards". The Ring. 15 September 2013. Retrieved 17 September 2013.
- Staff, B. N. "Looking back on that infamous CJ Ross Floyd Mayweather-Canelo Alvarez scorecard - Boxing News". www.boxingnewsonline.net. Retrieved 2021-05-05.
- Christ, Scott (2013-09-15). "CJ Ross: 'I stand behind my decision'". Bad Left Hook. Retrieved 2021-05-05.
- Official website
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Canelo Álvarez Official Fight Card from BoxRec
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Canelo Álvarez on Showtime
- Golden Boy Promotions
- Mayweather Promotions
W12 Robert Guerrero
| Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s bouts
September 14, 2013
W12 Marcos Maidana
W12 Austin Trout
| Canelo Álvarez' bouts
September 14, 2013
KO10 Alfredo Angulo
Juan Manuel Marquez
KO6 Manny Pacquiao
| The Ring Magazine Event of the Year
Carl Froch KO8