|Preceded by||Office established|
|Deputy President of the EFF|
April 2008 – April 2012
1 January 1983
Malamulele, Limpopo Province, South Africa
|Political party||African National Congress (1990–2012)
Economic Freedom Fighters (2013–present)
|Alma mater||University of Witwatersrand|
Nyiko Floyd Shivambu (born 1 January 1983) is a South African politician serving as a member of parliament for the Economic Freedom Fighters. He was born in Malamulele, Limpopo. He is the Deputy President of the Economic Freedom Fighters, its Parliamentary Chief Whip in the South African Parliament, who serves in the Trade and Industry Portfolio Committee and the Standing Committee on Finance. Shivambu is also a Member of the Pan African Parliament, serving in the Rural Economy, Agriculture, Natural Resources and Environment Committee.
Floyd Shivambu was born in the rural village of Mahonisi, Malamulele region of Limpopo province South Africa and was one of seven children. Due to rural poverty he grew up in a house without running water or electricity. His parents earned a living as informal traders selling hand made duvets and pillowcases in nearby towns.
Shivambu graduated from the Mphambo High School in Malamulele in 2001, and went on to study at the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg initially intending to study to become a technician. He changed academic focus and instead earned a bachelor's degree as well as an Honours Degree in Political Studies and International Relations. Shivambu went on to graduated with a master's degree, with distinction, in political studies in 2014. In his third year at the University of the Witwatersrand Shivambu was elected president of the university's Student Representative Body and joined the African National Congress Youth League.
- Spokesperson of African National Congress Youth League (2008–2012)
- SRC President at University of Witwatersrand (2004–2005)
- National Executive of South African Students Congress
- Students Representative of Joint Initiative for Priority Skills Acquisition (2006–2007);
- Board Member of the National Students' Financial Aid Scheme (2008–2012);
- Member of Parliament for the EFF (2014–present);
- Member of the Pan African Parliament since 2014;
Shivambu is the Deputy President in the Economic Freedom Fighters (2013–present) and responsible for Policy, Research, and International Relations.
Since their days in the ANC Youth League, Shivambu and Julius Malema have appeared as close political allies. Following their suspension from the ANC, Shivambu co-founded the EFF, alongside Malema. He co-edited a book about Malema, titled The Coming Revolution.
- "TRAINSPOTTER: EFF's Floyd Shivambu – the man behind the Man behind the Man | Daily Maverick". www.dailymaverick.co.za. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Floyd Shivambu now a master". Times Live. Retrieved 7 December 2014.