|Initial release||10 October 2011|
1.12.1 / February 18, 2021
|Written in||C, Ruby|
|Operating system||Linux (Amazon Linux, CentOS, RHEL), Mac OS X (10.9 and above), Ruby, Windows (7 and above)|
Fluentd is a Big Data tool for semi- or un-structured data sets. It analyzes event logs, application logs, and clickstreams. According to Suonsyrjä and Mikkonen, the "core idea of Fluentd is to be the unifying layer between different types of log inputs and outputs.", Fluentd is available on Linux, Mac OSX, and Windows.
Fluentd was created by Sadayuki Furuhashi as a project of the Mountain View-based firm Treasure Data. Written primarily in Ruby, its source code was released as open-source software in October 2011. The company announced $5 million of funding in 2013.
Fluentd was one of the data collection tools recommended by Amazon Web Services in 2013, when it was said to be similar to Apache Flume or Scribe. Google Cloud Platform's BigQuery recommends Fluentd as default real-time data-ingestion tool, and uses Google's customized version of Fluentd, called google-fluentd, as a default logging agent.
- "Releases - fluent/fluentd". Retrieved 24 February 2021 – via GitHub.
- Pasupuleti, Pradeep and Purra, Beulah Salome (2015). Data Lake Development with Big Data. pp. 44–45; 48. Packt. ISBN 1785881663
- Suonsyrjä, Sampo and Mikkonen, Tommi "Designing an Unobtrusive Analytics Framework for Monitoring Java Applications", pp. 170–173 in Software Measurement. Springer. ISBN 3319242857
- Fluentd.org. "Download Fluentd". Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- Mayer, Chris (30 October 2013). "Treasure Data: Breaking down the Hadoop barrier". JAXenter
- Fluentd.org. "What is Fluentd?". Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- Derrick Harris (July 23, 2013). "Treasure Data raises $5M, fuses Hadoop and data warehouse in Amazon's cloud". GigaOm.
- Parviz Deyhim (August 2013). "Best Practices for Amazon EMR" (PDF). Amazon Web Services. p. 12. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-03-26. Retrieved March 24, 2017.
- Google Cloud Platform (2016). "Real-time logs analysis using Fluentd and BigQuery". Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- Google Cloud Platform (2016). "The Logging Agent". Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- Goasguen, Sébastien (2014). 60 Recipes for Apache CloudStack: Using the CloudStack Ecosystem, "Chapter 6: Advanced Recipes". O'Reilly Media. ISBN 1491910127