This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Industrial Test Products|
|Founded||1948 in Everett, Washington, U.S.|
|Founder||John Fluke, Sr.|
Monti Ackerman (Vice President & CFO)
Number of employees
|2,525 (as of May 2016[update])|
Fluke Corporation, a subsidiary of Fortive, is a manufacturer of industrial test, measurement and diagnostic equipment including electronic test equipment. It was started in 1948 by John Fluke, who was a friend and roommate of David Packard, future co-founder of Hewlett-Packard, when both were employed at General Electric.
Fluke Corporation is a global corporation that designs, develops, manufactures, and sells commercial electronic test and measurement instruments for scientific, service, educational, industrial, and government applications. Fluke Biomedical and Fluke Networks are sister organizations.
Fluke Corporation was founded in Washington state by John Fluke on October 7, 1953 as the John Fluke Manufacturing Company, Inc., producing electrical metering equipment.
Fluke's markets range from industrial and commercial facility operations to precision measurement and calibration (Fluke Calibration), data communications (Fluke Networks), to medical equipment (Fluke Biomedical). Newer contributions by Fluke to test and measurement technology in the last 10 years include thermal imaging (working with Raytek and then ISI) and remote wireless displays.
- Fluke Networks
Fluke Networks began as a business unit within Fluke Corporation in 1992. By 2000, Fluke Networks had grown substantially, and differences between Fluke Networks and Fluke Corporation were apparent – different customers, different sales channels and sales processes, and different products designed for different applications. In 2000, Fluke Networks became a separate operational division with a new brand and a separate identity.
- Fluke Biomedical
Fluke Biomedical was founded in 2002.
- Fluke Calibration
Acquired the Precision Measurement Division of Wavetek, Wandel & Goltermann in early 2000 and renamed as Fluke Calibration.
Pomona Electronics is a company specializing in electronic test equipment and accessories. It was founded in 1951 by Joseph J. and Carl W. Musarra, who were brothers. Founded to test cable harnesses for examining television cathode-ray tubes. the company started in a factory location around the size of a living room. By 1976, it was owned by ITT Industries, which in 1999 sold it to Fluke. In 2002, Pomona Electronics relocated its manufacturing facility to Everett, Washington.
- "Company Overview of Fluke Corporation". Bloomberg. Retrieved May 11, 2016.
- Zacks Equity Research. "Danaher Completes Fortive Spin-Off, Trading to Begin Today". Yahoo Finance. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- "Local electronics firm expands again". Progress Bulletin. 1974-10-12. Archived from the original on 2018-11-26. Retrieved 2018-11-26 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Valley company enlarges plant". Progress Bulletin. 1974-11-21. Archived from the original on 2018-11-26. Retrieved 2018-11-26 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Specialization Credited for Steady Growth". Los Angeles Times. 1961-01-29. Archived from the original on 2018-11-26. Retrieved 2018-11-26 – via Newspapers.com.
- "25-Year Honors". Progress Bulletin. 1976-01-24. Archived from the original on 2018-11-26. Retrieved 2018-11-26 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Fluke acquires Pomona Electronics". Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration News. 1999-01-25. Archived from the original on 2018-11-26. Retrieved 2018-11-26 – via HighBeam Research.
- Smith, Kevin (2002-04-16). "2 firms planning to leave Pomona - Companies will take 150 jobs with them". Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fluke Corporation.|