|Industry||Industrial Test Products|
|Founded||1948 in Everett, Washington, U.S.|
|Founder||John Fluke Sr.|
Number of employees
|2,525 (as of May 2016[update])|
Fluke Corporation is a manufacturer of industrial test, measurement and diagnostic equipment including electronic test equipment. It was started in 1948 by John Fluke while he was employed at General Electric.
Fluke Corporation was founded by John Fluke in October 1953 as the John Fluke Manufacturing Company, Inc., producing electrical metering equipment.
In 1987, Fluke partnered with the Dutch electronics manufacturer Philips. Together, the companies developed the scopemeter, an instrument combining features of an oscilloscope and a multimeter. Fluke purchased the testing and measurements division of Philips in 1993 for $41.8 million. The Philips PM series of measurement instruments was rebranded as Fluke.
Pomona Electronics is a company specializing in electronic test equipment and accessories. It was founded in 1951 by Joseph J. and Carl W. Musarra, who were brothers. Founded to manufacture test cable harnesses for examining television cathode-ray tubes. the company started in a factory location around the size of a living room. By 1976, it was owned by ITT Industries, which in 1999 sold it to Fluke. In 2002, Pomona Electronics relocated its manufacturing facility to Everett, Washington.
Adapter between a female BNC connector and banana plugs manufactured by Pomona.
Adapter between five-way binding posts and a male BNC connector manufactured by Pomona.
- "Company Overview of Fluke Corporation". Bloomberg. Retrieved May 11, 2016.
- International Directory of Company Histories, Vol. 15. St. James Press. 1996.
- Zacks Equity Research. "Danaher Completes Fortive Spin-Off, Trading to Begin Today". Yahoo Finance. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- "Local electronics firm expands again". Progress Bulletin. 1974-10-12. Archived from the original on 2018-11-26. Retrieved 2018-11-26 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Valley company enlarges plant". Progress Bulletin. 1974-11-21. Archived from the original on 2018-11-26. Retrieved 2018-11-26 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Specialization Credited for Steady Growth". Los Angeles Times. 1961-01-29. Archived from the original on 2018-11-26. Retrieved 2018-11-26 – via Newspapers.com.
- "25-Year Honors". Progress Bulletin. 1976-01-24. Archived from the original on 2018-11-26. Retrieved 2018-11-26 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Fluke acquires Pomona Electronics". Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration News. 1999-01-25. Archived from the original on 2018-11-26. Retrieved 2018-11-26 – via HighBeam Research.
- Smith, Kevin (2002-04-16). "2 firms planning to leave Pomona - Companies will take 150 jobs with them". Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fluke Corporation.|