Borg in 2014
|Birth name||Flula Borg|
|Also known as||Flula, DJ Flula|
|Born||March 28, 1982|
|Origin||Erlangen, West Germany|
|Genres||Techno, hip hop, rap|
|Occupation(s)||DJ, singer, songwriter, record producer, actor, YouTuber|
|Instruments||Vocals, rapping, beatboxing, trombone, accordion, melodica, glockenspiel, stylophone, baritone|
|Years active||2007- current|
Flula Borg is a German techno DJ, engineer, actor, and YouTube personality who is better known as DJ Flula or simply Flula (sometimes stylized as f|u|a). He currently lives and works in Los Angeles, California. In 2015, Borg appeared in a supporting role in the film Pitch Perfect 2. In "pitch perfect 2 he played a German a Capella singer in the group "das sound machine" (also known as "DSM"). Flula has also appeared in the videos of many other YouTubers, such as "Rhett and Link" and "Trisha Paytas". Borg currently (August 2015) has roughly 628,000 subscribers and roughly 73,323,000 views on YouTube.
Borg co-starred in Pitch Perfect 2 (2015), as the leader of Das Sound Machine, a European a cappella group competing against the Bellas in an international competition. He will also appear in WWE Films' Killing Hasselhoff, which features such actors as Ken Jeong, Hulk Hogan, and David Hasselhoff. This film is set to be released in 2015.
Flula regularly posts videos on YouTube and his channel has amassed over 600,000 subscribers and 70 million total views since its launch in 2007. Some of his most popular videos are his vlogs, most notably "Jennifer is a Party Pooper", and his AutoTunes series, in which he records cover songs live in his car. His AutoTunes video with YouTube celebrity Chester See, a cover of "No Diggity" by Blackstreet, has over three million views and was nominated for a Streamy Award in 2014. Also in 2014, Flula's YouTube channel was listed on New Media Rockstars Top 100 Channels, ranked at #69.
After releasing his single "Sweet Potato Casserole", he was listed at #3 on Billboard's Next Big Sound chart, while "Dirk Nowitzki, German Moses" coincided with the Dallas Mavericks' championship run in 2011 and was picked up by ESPN and other mainstream outlets. In 2014 he composed the theme song for Grace Helbig's podcast, Not Too Deep, and in 2015 he was chosen to create the theme song for The Grace Helbig Show on E! Entertainment Television.
- Hageland, Kevin (2013-03-19). "The Accidental Tourist: Flula, a German DJ, gives tour for Allen City TV". StarLocalMedia.com. Star Local Media (Allen [TX] American online newspaper). Retrieved 2015-01-06.
- Yamato, Jen (2014-05-29). "'Pitch Perfect 2' Adds German YouTuber Flula Borg". Deadline.com. Penske Business Media, LLC. Retrieved 2014-06-01.
- Stack, Tim (2014-11-21). "Game On, Pitches!". EW.com. Entertainment Weekly & Time Inc. Retrieved 2014-11-24.
- Sun, Rebecca (2014-12-12). "Rep Sheet Roundup: UTA Signs German YouTube Star Flula Borg". HollywoodReporter.com. The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2015-01-01.
- "YouTube "About" page". YouTube.com. Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- "'Jennifer Is A Party Pooper': Flula Borg Has Some Questions About Your Bowels". HuffingtonPost.com. TheHuffingtonPost.com, Inc. 2011-11-08. Retrieved 2015-01-09.
- "4th Annual Streamy Awards Nominees". Streamys.org. Streamys. Retrieved 2014-10-08.
- "The NMR Top 100 YouTube Channels: 100-76!". NewMediaRockstars.com. New Media Rockstars. 2014-12-30. Retrieved 6 January 2015.
- "Flula's Thanksgiving Rap: Sweet Potato Casserole 4 Life". HuffingtonPost.com. TheHuffingtonPost.com, Inc. 2011-11-22. Retrieved 2015-01-09.
- "Next Big Sound". Billboard.com. Billboard. 2011-11-26. Retrieved 2014-04-04.
- Wilkie, Jim (2011-05-18). "DJ Flula's Nowitzki song can't be beat". ESPN.Go.com. ESPN.com. Retrieved 2014-04-04.
- Freeman, Eric (2011-05-12). "Listen to "His Name Is Dirk," your new Mavericks anthem". Sports.Yahoo.com. Yahoo Sports & NBC Sports Network. Retrieved 2015-01-09.
- "DJ Flula Creates Clutch Theme Song for Helbig". EOnline.com. E! Entertainment Television, LLC & NBCUniversal. 2015-04-03. Retrieved 2015-05-19.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Flula Borg.|