Borg in 2014
|Birth name||Flula Borg|
|Also known as||Flula, DJ Flula|
|Born||March 28, 1982|
|Origin||Erlangen, West Germany|
|Genres||Electronic dance music, hip hop, rap|
|Occupation(s)||DJ, singer, songwriter, record producer, actor, YouTuber|
|Instruments||Vocals, rapping, beatboxing, trombone, accordion, melodica, glockenspiel, stylophone, baritone|
Flula Borg is a German DJ, engineer, musician, actor, and YouTube personality who is better known as DJ Flula or simply Flula (sometimes stylized as f|u|a). He currently lives in Los Angeles, California. Borg appeared in the film Pitch Perfect 2 in 2015 and also has roles in upcoming feature films. He has collaborated with many well-known YouTubers, such as Screen Junkies, Rhett and Link, Miranda Sings, Smosh, Jack Douglass, Turquoise Jeep Records, Trisha Paytas, and Destin Sandlin, as well as celebrities such as Sir Mix-A-Lot, RZA, and Dirk Nowitzki.
Borg co-starred in Pitch Perfect 2 (2015) as co-leader of Das Sound Machine (also known as DSM), a German a cappella group competing against the Bellas in an international competition. In the same year, he also appeared in Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip. Buddymoon, a feature film co-written by and co-starring Borg and his friend David Giuntoli, began appearing at major film festivals in early 2016 and will be released in theaters and on demand in July. Borg has also filmed a role in WWE Films' Killing Hasselhoff, tentatively set to be released in 2016.
Flula regularly posts videos on YouTube and his channel has amassed over 780,000 subscribers and 86 million total views since its launch in 2007. Some of his most popular videos are his vlogs, most notably "Jennifer is a Party Pooper", and his AutoTunes series, in which he records cover songs live in a car. His AutoTunes video with YouTube celebrity Chester See, a cover of "No Diggity" by Blackstreet, has over three million views and was nominated for a Streamy Award in 2014. Also in 2014, Flula's YouTube channel was listed on New Media Rockstars' Top 100 Channels, ranked at #69.
Flula won the 2015 Streamy Award for Comedy in recognition of his humorous contributions on YouTube.
From his beginnings as a Schuhplattler dancer in Germany, through many years of live performances, and since 2007 on his YouTube channel, music has always been an important part of Flula's career. After releasing his single "Sweet Potato Casserole" in 2011, he was listed at #3 on Billboard's Next Big Sound chart, while "Dirk Nowitzki, German Moses" coincided with the Dallas Mavericks' championship run in 2011 and was picked up by ESPN and other mainstream outlets. In 2014 he composed the theme song for Grace Helbig's podcast, Not Too Deep, and starred in Rhett and Link's "It's My Belly Button" music video.  In 2015 he was chosen to create the theme song for The Grace Helbig Show on E! Entertainment Television.
Also in 2015 Flula released a five-track EP titled I Want To Touch You. Videos for all five songs were posted to his YouTube channel. In early 2016, he released a full-length album called Animalbum that was produced by comedian and producer of The Bachelor, Elan Gale. All songs on the album are related to non-human animals, both real and mythological, and all proceeds will be donated to Wags and Walks, a Los Angeles-based nonprofit organization that rescues dogs from shelters and places them in suitable homes.
- Hageland, Kevin (2013-03-19). "The Accidental Tourist: Flula, a German DJ, gives tour for Allen City TV". StarLocalMedia.com. Star Local Media (Allen [TX] American online newspaper). Retrieved 2015-01-06.
- Goodman, William (2013-09-26). "Sir Mix-A-Lot's 'Baby Got Back' Gets Auto-Tune Remix... In A Car". HuffingtonPost.com. TheHuffingtonPost.com, Inc. Retrieved 2015-09-02.
- Gutelle, Sam (2014-08-05). "DJ Flula Borg Hypes Upcoming Festival With Google Hangout". Tubefilter.com. Tubefilter, Inc. Retrieved 2015-09-02.
- Helin, Kurt (2013-07-18). "Dirk Nowitzki sings "Satisfaction" with German DJ Flula, Mavs cheerleaders". ProBasketballTalk.NBCSports.com. NBC Sports. Retrieved 2015-09-02.
- Yamato, Jen (2014-05-29). "'Pitch Perfect 2' Adds German YouTuber Flula Borg". Deadline.com. Penske Business Media, LLC. Retrieved 2014-06-01.
- Stack, Tim (2014-11-21). "Game On, Pitches!". EW.com. Entertainment Weekly & Time Inc. Retrieved 2014-11-24.
- Wilson, Andy (2015-12-08). "'Alvin & the Chipmunks: The Road Chip' Review". BigShinyRobot.com. Big Shiny Robot. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- Lincoln, Ross (2016-03-31). "Gravitas Ventures Travels With Slamdance Audience Winner 'Buddymoon'". deadline.com. Deadline. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- Sun, Rebecca (2014-12-12). "Rep Sheet Roundup: UTA Signs German YouTube Star Flula Borg". HollywoodReporter.com. The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2015-01-01.
- "YouTube "About" page". YouTube.com. Retrieved 2015-12-31.
- "'Jennifer Is A Party Pooper': Flula Borg Has Some Questions About Your Bowels". HuffingtonPost.com. TheHuffingtonPost.com, Inc. 2011-11-08. Retrieved 2015-01-09.
- "4th Annual Streamy Awards Nominees". Streamys.org. Streamys. Retrieved 2014-10-08.
- "The NMR Top 100 YouTube Channels: 100-76!". NewMediaRockstars.com. New Media Rockstars. 2014-12-30. Retrieved 6 January 2015.
- "Streamy Awards 5th Annual Nominees". Streamys.org. Streamys. Retrieved 2015-09-02.
- Teng, Elaine (2015-05-14). "The Time Anna Kendrick Said I Smelled Like an Old Cinnamon Cupcake". NewRepublic.com. New Republic. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- "Flula's Thanksgiving Rap: Sweet Potato Casserole 4 Life". HuffingtonPost.com. TheHuffingtonPost.com, Inc. 2011-11-22. Retrieved 2015-01-09.
- "Next Big Sound". Billboard.com. Billboard. 2011-11-26. Retrieved 2014-04-04.
- Wilkie, Jim (2011-05-18). "DJ Flula's Nowitzki song can't be beat". ESPN.Go.com. ESPN.com. Retrieved 2014-04-04.
- Freeman, Eric (2011-05-12). "Listen to "His Name Is Dirk," your new Mavericks anthem". Sports.Yahoo.com. Yahoo Sports & NBC Sports Network. Retrieved 2015-01-09.
- "DJ Flula Creates Clutch Theme Song for Helbig". EOnline.com. E! Entertainment Television, LLC & NBCUniversal. 2015-04-03. Retrieved 2015-05-19.
- Gutelle, Sam (2015-09-28). "With His New EP, YouTube Star Flula Borg Says "I Want To Touch You"". Tubefilter.com. Tubefilter, Inc. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- Nahas, Aili (2016-05-17). "YouTube Star Flula Is Teaming Up with a Bachelor Producer — Find Out Why!". Pets.People.com. Time, Inc. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Flula Borg.|