|AHFS/Drugs.com||International Drug Names|
|Elimination half-life||60-90 hours|
|CompTox Dashboard (EPA)|
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||342.795 g·mol−1|
|3D model (JSmol)|
|(what is this?)|
Flutoprazepam (Restas) is a drug which is a benzodiazepine. It was patented in Japan by Sumitomo in 1972 and its medical use remains mostly confined to that country. Its muscle relaxant properties are approximately equivalent to those of diazepam - however, it has more powerful sedative, hypnotic, anxiolytic and anticonvulsant effects and is around four times more potent by weight compared to diazepam. It is longer acting than diazepam due to its long-acting active metabolites, which contribute significantly to its effects.
- In Singapore, flutoprazepam is a Class C-Schedule II drug under the Misuse of Drugs Act.
- In Thailand, flutoprazepam is a Schedule III psychotropic substance.
- In Hong Kong, flutoprazepam is regulated under Schedule 1 of Hong Kong's Chapter 134 Dangerous Drugs Ordinance. Flutoprazepam can only be used legally by health professionals and for university research purposes. The substance can be given by pharmacists under a prescription. Anyone who supplies the substance without prescription can be fined $10000 (HKD). The penalty for trafficking or manufacturing the substance is a $5,000,000 (HKD) fine and life imprisonment. Possession of the substance for consumption without license from the Department of Health is illegal with a $1,000,000 (HKD) fine and/or 7 years of jail time.
- US patent 3632574, Hisao Yamamoto et al, "PROCESS FOR PRODUCING BENZODIAZEPINE DERIVATIVES", published 1968-29-04, issued 1972-04-01
- Sukamoto, T.; Aikawa, K.; Itoh, K.; Nose, T. (Sep 1980). "[Psycopharmacological and general pharmacological studies of 7-chloro-1-cyclopropylmethyl-1, 3-dihydro-5-(2-fluorophenyl)-2H-1, 4-benzodiazepin-2-one (KB-509) (author's transl)]". Nippon Yakurigaku Zasshi. 76 (6): 447–68. doi:10.1254/fpj.76.447. PMID 7203280.
- Ueki, S.; Sukamoto, T.; Watanabe, S.; Yamamoto, T.; Kataoka, Y.; Shibata, S.; Suwandi, D.; Shibata, K.; et al. (Jul 1982). "[Behavioral effects of flutoprazepam (KB-509) and its metabolites]". Nippon Yakurigaku Zasshi. 80 (1): 15–30. doi:10.1254/fpj.80.15. PMID 6890927.
- Barzaghi, N.; Leone, L.; Monteleone, M.; Tomasini, G.; Perucca, E. (1989). "Pharmacokinetics of flutoprazepam, a novel benzodiazepine drug, in normal subjects". Eur J Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 14 (4): 293–8. doi:10.1007/BF03190114. PMID 2633923.
- Fukuda, T.; Itoh, K.; Nose, T. (Mar 1981). "[Antiulcerogenic action of 7-chloro-1-cyclopropylmethyl-1,3-dihydro-5-(2-fluorophenyl)-2H-1,4-benzodiazepin-2-one (KB-509), a new benzodiazepine derivative]". Nippon Yakurigaku Zasshi. 77 (3): 273–80. doi:10.1254/fpj.77.273. PMID 7052359.
- "Green List—List of psychotropic substances under international control" (PDF) (26th ed.). International Narcotics Control Board. August 2016.
- "Bilingual Laws Information System" (English). The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China.