|Commenced operations||24 March 2012|
|Ceased operations||October, 2012|
|Operating bases||N'djili Airport|
|Company slogan||Like Never Before!|
|Headquarters||Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo|
|Key people||Jean-Marc Pajot (CEO), A.Mwananteba (Owner)|
FlyCongo was an airline based in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. It was formed due to the suspension of Hewa Bora Airways after a series of fatal accidents. The new airline aimed to show a huge improvement in air safety in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. After only 6 months in operation the company merged with Compagnie Africaine d'Aviation (CAA) in October, 2012.
On 27 March 2012, FlyCongo announced that they will be destroying six of the previous aircraft operated by Hewa Bora Airways in a bid to boost confidence in the new airline. The aircraft will be five Boeing 727s and one of another unknown type.
In 2012 CAA formed a commercial and strategic alliance with rival FlyCongo which led to consolidation into a single brand, flyCAA, in October 2012.
FlyCongo served the following destinations (as of April 2012):
|Gemena||Democratic Republic of the Congo||GMA||FZFK||Gemena Airport|
|Goma||Democratic Republic of the Congo||GOM||FZNA||Goma International Airport|
|Johannesburg||South Africa||JNB||FAJS||OR Tambo International Airport|
|Kinshasa||Democratic Republic of the Congo||FIH||FZAA||N'djili Airport [Base]|
|Kisangani||Democratic Republic of the Congo||FKI||FZIC||Bangoka International Airport|
|Lubumbashi||Democratic Republic of the Congo||FBM||FZQA||Lubumbashi International Airport|
|Mbandaka||Democratic Republic of the Congo||MDK||FZEA||Mbandaka Airport|
|Boeing 767-200ER||1||Stored at FIH|
|Airbus A320||5||2 Inactive|
|Boeing 737-3B7||0||5 to enter service. Ex Batavia Air aircraft.|
|Total||10 (7 Active)|
- "Information about Compagnie Africaine d'Aviation". ch-aviation.ch. Retrieved 20 May 2013.
- New Congo airline destroys old planes
- FlyCongo replaces Hewa Bora in Congolese heaven
- "DR Congo planes to be destroyed by Fly Congo". BBC News. 2012-03-27. Retrieved 2017-08-16.
- "Compagnie Africaine d'Aviation". Airliner World: 32–36. February 2015.
- FlyCongo Timetable (23/03/2012)
- The World's leading Airline Intelligence Provider since 1998 | ch-aviation consulting, http://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/airline/CAD#al_profile_tab_fleet
- Fly CAA website, http://www.caacongo.com/flotte.html
- FlyCongo (in French)