Flyme (Villa Air)
|Hubs||Villa International Airport|
|Parent company||Villa Group|
|Key people||Qasim Ibrahim (Chairman)
Riluwan Shareef (Managing Director)
Flyme is a Maldivian airline launched on March 14, 2011. It has its headquarters on the fifth floor of the Villa House in Malé. The airline is operated by Villa Air, a subsidiary company of Villa Group and began operations on 1 October 2011.
Flyme operates daily scheduled flights between Ibrahim Nasir International Airport and Villa International Airport, and weekly scheduled flights to nine destinations out of ten in Maldives, Thimarafushi Airport beign the only current domestic sector yet to be flown.
- Malé - Ibrahim Nasir International Airport
- Thiladhunmathi - Hanimaadhoo International Airport
- Maalhosmadulu - Dharavandhoo Airport
- Ari - Villa International Airport Hub
- Haddhunmathi - Kadhdhoo Airport
- Huvadhoo - Kooddoo Airport
- Huvadhoo - Kaadedhdhoo Airport
- Fuvahmulah - Fuvahmulah Airport
- Addu - Gan International Airport
As of November 2013, the Flyme fleet consists of the following aircraft with an average age of 7.7 years:
|Aircraft||In Service||On Order||Passengers|
- "Miadhu News – Villa introduces new airline ‘Fly me". Miadhu.com. 2011-03-10. Retrieved 2011-03-17.
- "Haama Daily". Haama Daily. Retrieved 2011-03-17.
- Home. Flyme. Retrieved on 29 April 2011. "Villa House, 5th Floor No.7, Kandidhonmanik Goalhi P.O.Box 2073, Male’, Maldives"
- "Maamigili airport opens with 'Flyme' airlines entering into service". Haveeru.com.mv. 2011-10-01. Retrieved 2011-10-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Flyme (Villa Air).|
- "Photo by: Eric Cesa (Date: 17.02.2011). Airline: flyMe (I-ADLQ / 8Q-VAQ). Type: ATR 42. Airport: Italy Verona (VRN)". Skyliner aviation news and more. Retrieved 27 March 2011. "Maldivian newcomer flyme is to start-up shortly with this former Air Dolomiti ATR 42."
|This airline-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|