Fly Synthesis Storch
|Fly Synthesis Storch|
|Number built||150 (1998)|
€44,600 (assembled, 2011)
The Fly Synthesis Storch (English: Stork) is an Italian ultralight aircraft, designed and produced by Fly Synthesis, introduced in 1990. The aircraft is supplied as a complete ready-to-fly-aircraft or as a kit for amateur construction.
Design and development
The Storch was designed to comply with the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale microlight rules. It features a strut-braced high-wing, a two-seats-in-side-by-side configuration enclosed cockpit, fixed tricycle landing gear and a single engine in tractor configuration.
The aircraft is of mixed construction, with the fuselage made from composites and the tail boom an aluminum tube. The HS model has a 8.70 m (28.5 ft) span wing with an area of 11.8 m2 (127 sq ft) and flaperons. Standard engines available are the 80 hp (60 kW) Rotax 912UL and the 85 hp (63 kW) Jabiru 2200 four-stroke powerplants. All controls are operated by teleflex cables, except the ailerons, which are operated by push-pull tubes.
- Storch CL
- Model with a longer 10.15 m (33.3 ft) span wing with an area of 13.6 m2 (146 sq ft) and a gross weight of 450 kg (992.1 lb), sold as the Lafayette Stork Classic in the USA.
- Storch HS
- Model with a shorter 8.70 m (28.5 ft) span wing with an area of 11.8 m2 (127 sq ft) and Junkers-style flaperons. Gross weight of 472.5 kg (1,041.7 lb) It is sold as the Lafayette Stork Super Sport in the USA.
- Storch S
- Model with separate flaps and ailerons, in place of flaperons and a gross weight of 500 kg (1,102.3 lb).
Specifications (Storch HS)
- Crew: one
- Capacity: one passenger
- Length: 5.75 m (18 ft 10 in)
- Wingspan: 8.70 m (28 ft 7 in)
- Height: 2.15 m (7 ft 1 in)
- Wing area: 11.8 m2 (127 sq ft)
- Empty weight: 275 kg (606 lb)
- Gross weight: 472.5 kg (1,042 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 80 litres (18 imp gal; 21 US gal) in two 40 litres (8.8 imp gal; 11 US gal) tanks
- Powerplant: 1 × Rotax 912UL four cylinder, liquid and air-cooled, four stroke aircraft engine, 60 kW (80 hp)
- Maximum speed: 205 km/h (127 mph; 111 kn)
- Cruise speed: 185 km/h (115 mph; 100 kn)
- Stall speed: 64 km/h (40 mph; 35 kn)
- g limits: +4/-2
- Rate of climb: 5.0 m/s (980 ft/min)
- Bayerl, Robby; Martin Berkemeier; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2011-12, page 52. WDLA UK, Lancaster UK, 2011. ISSN 1368-485X
- Tacke, Willi; Marino Boric; et al: World Directory of Light Aviation 2015-16, page 54. Flying Pages Europe SARL, 2015. ISSN 1368-485X
- Purdy, Don: AeroCrafter - Homebuilt Aircraft Sourcebook, Fifth Edition, page 164. BAI Communications, 15 July 1998. ISBN 0-9636409-4-1
- Fly Synthesis (2011). "Aircraft Description". Retrieved 21 June 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fly Synthesis Storch.|