Flying Wild Hog
|Industry||Video game industry|
Number of locations
|3 studios (2018)|
|Michał Szustak (CEO)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Supernova Capital (2019–present)|
Flying Wild Hog Sp. z o.o. is a Polish video game developer based in Warsaw and founded in 2009. The company is best known for the 2013 reboot of Shadow Warrior, and its 2016 sequel, Shadow Warrior 2.
Flying Wild Hog was established in 2009. The studio worked on their own Road Hog Engine, a video game engine, which resulted in their first title Hard Reset released in September 2011. In April 2012 Flying Wild Hog has released Hard Reset: Exile, a free DLC for Hard Reset. In September 2013 they released Shadow Warrior, which was published by Devolver Digital, with the sequel, Shadow Warrior 2 being announced in 2015 for a 2016 release. On 7 December 2015, Flying Wild Hog opened a new division in Kraków, led by Michał Kuk.
Flying Wild Hog was acquired in March 2019 by Supernova Capital, an investment firm started by the former CEO of Splash Damage, Paul Wedgwood, and other members from Splash Damage. The acquisition will provide financial security for Flying Wild Hog to focus more on its game development. As of November 2019, Flying Wild Hog is working on three unannounced video games.
|2011||Hard Reset||First-person shooter||Microsoft Windows||Hard Reset: Exile DLC released in 2012|
|2013||Shadow Warrior||Linux, macOS, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One||Reboot of 1997's Shadow Warrior|
|2014||Juju||Platform||Android, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360|
|2016||Hard Reset Redux||First-person shooter||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One||Redux of Hard Reset|
|Shadow Warrior 2||Sequel to 2013's Shadow Warrior|
- "Shooters Get a Hard Reset". IGN. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
- "Flying Wild Hog's first game, Hard Reset, shooting to PC in September". Joystiq. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
- "Hard Reset boots up September 13". GameSpot. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
- "Gift That Keeps On Gibbing: Hard Reset's Free DLC". Rock Paper Shotgun. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
- "Hard Reset Just Got Longer With Free Exile DLC". GameSpy. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
- "Hard Reset Extended Edition, Exile DLC finally available on Steam". vg247. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
- "Shadow Warrior launching Sept. 26, decapi-tastic trailer released". Polygon. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
- "Shadow Warrior Launch Date Revealed for PC". IGN. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
- Morawski, Łukasz (8 December 2015). "Flying Wild Hog z nowym studiem". Ekspert Ceneo (in Polish). Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- O'Conner, Alice (18 March 2019). "Splash cash: Shadow Warrior studio Flying Wild Hog bought up". Rock Paper Shotgun. Retrieved 18 March 2019.
- Breczk, Bolesław (16 November 2019). "Legenda "ratuje" polskie Flying Wild Hog. "Po setnym pracowniku firmy upadają"". Wirtualna Polska (in Polish). Retrieved 20 November 2019.