|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (November 2013)|
FlyKINGi & Lil' Kim in Hollywood 2011
|Birth name||Ian Barry Campbell|
|Born||June 26, 1987|
|Associated acts||Solomon, DDm, LastO|
FlyKINGi is a Hip-Hop recording artist based in Carson, California. He was born and raised in Compton, California by his mother and father who are both of African American descent. As a child Flykingi was egar to perform getting casted in lead roles in school plays even performing at Carson city hall playing Simba in his elementary schools tap dance edition of The Lion King. He continued his performance aspirations while attending Carson high school performing as the schools colt mascot during half-time from his sophomore through senior year. FlyKINGi was also the lead choreographer in the schools hip-hop dance league. Flykingi wrote his very first rap song at age 16 covering the 702 cult classic I still love you.
From the I-A-N of the runway and Gotta Go
FlyKINGi released his first mixtape 'from the I-A-N of the runway' in June 2010. The mixtape featured his take on current and previous industry songs like party in the USA and run this town. Most notably his freestyle cover to rapper Dorrough ice cream paint job.
FlyKINGi continued his rap aspirations by recording his first original song Gotta Go releasing it to iTunes. It was also featured on popular New Orleans DJ Chiszle's 'refund radio' mixtape.
Labor Day mixtape and The Closet Chronicles
After the moderate buzz behind his 'Gotta Go' single FlyKINGi finished the follow up to his first mixtape entitled Labor Day on December 25, 2010. The mixtape was hosted by Tiffany 'New York' Pollard of the VH+1 flavor of love and I love New York television series. The mixtape was debuted by popular Atlanta based blogger Miss Jia.
FlyKINGi filmed a visual to his 'Gotta Go' single and released it on Labor Day. The visual was well received surpassing 45,000 views on YouTube in less than a month earning Flykingi a feature in the highest lgbt publication in America Out magazine.
FlyKINGi announced in January 2012 that he would be releasing an 8 song EP entitled 'The Closet Chronicles'. In February he released a buzz single featuring pop recording artist Solomon called Internet Connect and the album's first single 'Candy Wrapper' in March. Being an openly gay rapper he released a single entitled 'RudeSkywalker, the anti-bully anthem' to iTunes with proceeds benefiting charity organization Jer's Vision. The song was produced by grammy nominated producer Cory Bold of the pop group Fly Panda. 'Candy Wrapper' became a large success for FlyKINGi leading up a visual shot by Fallon Davis. The visual tells the story of a lesbian girl discharged by her family and contains harajuku themed elements. The visual debuted to Vevo and YouTube surpassing over 75,000 views combined. Also appearing on At&t's Uverse.
- From the I-A-N of the runway - Mixtape 2010
- Labor Day - Mixtape 2011
- The Closet chronicles - EP 2012
- "Hailing from Carson, California, FLYKINGi (born Ian Campbell) has already made waves with the release of his debut mixtape, From the I-A-N of the Runway= middlechildpromotions.com". Nov 2011.
- "Last but at least is a flamboyant young youth associated with and endorsed by Tiffany "New York" Pollard. His name is FlyKingi". Freddyo.com. Nov 2011.
- "He recently dropped a video from his mixtape called Gotta Go that I'm absolutely feeling". MissJia.com. Sep 2011.
- "His second Mixtape 'Labor Day' was hosted by reality star Tiffany 'New York' Pollard of VH1 and was well received= MTV.com". June 2013.
- "the openly gay hip-hop hopeful racked up 45,000 views in a month". Outmagazine.com. Nov 2011.
- "Social Stigma from the upcoming EP 'The Closet Chronicles, Vol.1 coming Resurrection Day 04/08/2012=lgbtunderground.com". March 2012.
- "FlyKingi 'Internet Connection' feat Solomon is the first buzz single for the upcoming 'Closet Chronicles, Vol.1' EP= prideshowcase.com". Feb 2012.
- "FlyKingI gives us the scoop on his unexpected experience as a gay rapper= rightouttv.com". May 2013.
- "FlyKingis new single Rude Skywalker will be released on February 20th. Proceeds from single sales will be donated to theJer's Vision anti bullying operation". Thefabfemme.com. Feb 2012.
- "FlyKingi will begin with the visual and single EP for the Cory Bold produced track 'Rude Skywalker'= itchycoorecords.com". Feb 2012.
- "Candy Wrapper video tells the story of Carissa a young lady who was shunned out by her family and friends because of her lifestyle". ikonsmagazine.com. July 2012.
- "Candy Wrapper Check out this video!=Uverseonline.att.net.com". June 2013.