Focus New Zealand
|Headquarters||Northland, New Zealand|
Focus NZ was a political party in New Zealand. Founded as "NZ Rural", the party was based in Northland and represented the interests of business owners, producers and provincial communities. Areas of concern include the exchange rate and empowerment of communities.
The Party stood candidates in the 2013 local body elections in the Far North District Council and Whangarei District Council
The party was registered on 29 January 2014. The logo of the party was changed at the same time.
On 22 February 2016 the party's registration was cancelled at its own request.
|Election||# of candidates nominated (electorate/list)||# of seats won||# of party votes||% of popular vote|
0 / 121
- "New party for 'all rural people'". Stuff. 2012-08-22. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- Katie Cullen Montgomerie (2012-08-11). "New political party to focus on rural needs". Northern Advocate. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- "New rural party in the wind". Straight Furrow. 2012-07-17. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- "Application to register political party logo". New Zealand Electoral Commission. 2012-08-22. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- "Registration of NZ Rural party logo". New Zealand Electoral Commission. 2012-09-24. Retrieved 2012-09-25.
- "New NZ Rural political party formed". Northern Advocate. 2012-11-15. Retrieved 2012-11-15.
- "Party representing producers and exporters formed". Radio New Zealand. 2012-11-26. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- "Party changes focus". Stuff. 2012-11-29.
- "Registration of Focus New Zealand Party and Logo". Electoral Commission. 2014-01-29. Retrieved 2014-01-29.
- "Official Count Results -- Overall Status". Electoral Commission. Retrieved 8 January 2017.
- "Amendments to the Register of Political Parties — Cancellation of Focus New Zealand". New Zealand Electoral Commission. 22 February 2016. Retrieved 29 February 2016.
|This article about a New Zealand political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|