|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Founded||Brooklyn, New York (1983 )|
|Founder||Vinny Fodera and Joey Lauricella|
|Headquarters||Brooklyn, New York|
|Owner||Vinny Fodera and Joey Lauricella|
|Website||Fodera - Official site|
Fodera is an American manufacturer of electric bass guitars in Brooklyn, New York. Vinny Fodera and Joey Lauricella launched the company around 1983 after dissolving their working relationship with Ken Smith Basses. The company also manufactures a limited number of guitars each year. Fodera's first official instrument was a guitar.
Fodera instruments are made with an inlaid butterfly on the headstock of most basses. Other features include an atypical single-cutaway design, an ash neck and exposed dual-coil pickups with wood covers. Bartolini pickups with PJ and JJ configurations are also available on certain models. These Fodera instruments also have 5 or 6 strings on them.
Fewer than three thousand Fodera instruments have been manufactured since 1983.
- Fodera Monarch
- Fodera Emperor
- Fodera Emperor II
- Fodera Imperial
- Fodera Imperial II (formerly known as Fodera BeezElite)
- Fodera NYC
The company also makes "Signature series"-basses, based on some of their players' personal instruments. The following models are available:
- Fodera Victor Wooten signature Monarch (Classic  or YinYang  versions)
- Fodera Anthony Jackson Presentation Contrabass
- Fodera Lincoln Goines signature Imperial
- Fodera Matthew Garrison signature Imperial
- Fodera Tom Kennedy signature Emperor II
|This section does not cite any sources. (March 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Victor Wooten 
- Anthony Jackson 
- Lincoln Goines 
- Matthew Garrison 
- Tom Kennedy 
- Richard Bona
- Nathan East
- Marcus Miller
- Evan Seinfeld
- Oteil Burbridge
- Tony Grey
- Tino D'Agostino
- Steve Rodby
- Janek Gwizdala
- Steve Rosati
- Mike Pope
- Michel Labex Labaki
- Grant Tyrie
- Robert Kubiszyn
- Kevin Freeby
- Hadrien Feraud
- Dominique Di Piazza
- Joshua Barnhart
- Tim Bogert
- Hartmut Hillmann
- John Ferrara
- Roberts, Jim (May 2003). American Basses (First ed.). Backbeat Books. ISBN 0-87930-721-8.
- Tony Bacon; Barry Moorhouse (June 1995). The Bass Book. Backbeat Books. ISBN 0-87930-368-9.
- "Victor Wooten '83 Classic". Fodera. Archived November 1, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Victor Wooten Yin Yang 4 String". Fodera. Archived October 31, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Anthony Jackson Presentation Contrabass Guitar". Fodera. Archived November 1, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Lincoln Goines Imperial". Fodera. Archived November 3, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Matthes Garrison Signature". Fodera. Archived November 1, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Tom Kennedy Signature Emperor II". Fodera. Archived November 1, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.