This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2009)
|Founded||Brooklyn, New York (1983 )|
|Founder||Vinny Fodera and Joey Lauricella|
|Headquarters||Brooklyn, New York|
|Owner||Vinny Fodera, Joey Lauricella, Jason DeSalvo|
|Website||Fodera - Official site|
Fodera is an American manufacturer of electric bass guitars in Brooklyn, New York. Vinny Fodera and Joey Lauricella launched the company around 1983 after dissolving their working relationship with Ken Smith Basses. The company also manufactures a limited number of electric guitars each year; Fodera's first official instrument was a guitar.
Fodera instruments are made with an inlaid butterfly on the headstock of most basses. Other features include an atypical single-cutaway design, an ash neck and exposed dual-coil pickups with wood covers. Bartolini pickups with PJ and JJ configurations are also available on certain models. These Fodera instruments also have 5 or 6 strings on them.
Fewer than three thousand Fodera instruments have been manufactured since 1983.
- Fodera Monarch
- Fodera Emperor
- Fodera Emperor II
- Fodera Imperial
- Fodera Imperial II (formerly known as Fodera BeezElite)
- Fodera NYC
The company also makes "Signature series"-basses, based on some of their players' personal instruments. The following models are available:
- Fodera Victor Wooten signature Monarch (Classic  or YinYang  versions)
- Fodera Anthony Jackson Presentation Contrabass
- Fodera Lincoln Goines signature Imperial
- Fodera Matthew Garrison signature Imperial
- Fodera Tom Kennedy signature Emperor II
- Michel Alibo
- Richard Bona
- Tim Bogert
- Oteil Burbridge
- Dominique Di Piazza
- Nathan East
- Oytun Ersan
- Hadrien Feraud
- John Ferrara
- Matthew Garrison
- James Genus
- Lincoln Goines
- David Goodier
- Tony Grey
- Janek Gwizdala
- Anthony Jackson
- Tom Kennedy
- Marcus Miller
- Mike Pope
- Steve Rodby
- Felix Pastorious
- Evan Seinfeld
- Pal Sinn
- Victor Wooten
- Roberts, Jim (May 2003). American Basses (First ed.). Backbeat Books. ISBN 0-87930-721-8.
- Tony Bacon; Barry Moorhouse (June 1995). The Bass Book. Backbeat Books. ISBN 0-87930-368-9.
- "Victor Wooten '83 Classic". Fodera. Archived from the original on November 1, 2010.
- "Victor Wooten Yin Yang 4 String". Fodera. Archived from the original on October 31, 2010.
- "Anthony Jackson Presentation Contrabass Guitar". Fodera. Archived from the original on November 1, 2010.
- "Lincoln Goines Imperial". Fodera. Archived from the original on November 3, 2010.
- "Matthes Garrison Signature". Fodera. Archived from the original on November 1, 2010.
- "Tom Kennedy Signature Emperor II". Fodera. Archived from the original on November 1, 2010.