Fog City Records
|Fog City Records|
|Country of origin||U.S.|
Founded in 1996 by producer/engineer Dan Prothero, the label's first release was the highly successful Coolin' Off which launched the career of New Orleans-based funk band Galactic. This was followed by debut releases from Galactic drummer Stanton Moore, Garage A Trois, Papa Mali, Robert Walter's 20th Congress, MOFRO, Etienne de Rocher, and Tim Bluhm. Rather than specializing in a single genre, the consistent thread throughout these releases is a strong regional flavor and a sense of place.
Fog City recordings emphasize live performance and utilize vintage analog recording equipment, prompting AllMusic to name Dan Prothero "the true king of raw". The label was one of the first to release an Enhanced CD with 1996's Coolin' Off, and continues to specialize in that format.
- Galactic – Coolin' Off
- Stanton Moore – All Kooked Out!
- Garage A Trois – Mysteryfunk
- Papa Mali – Thunder Chicken
- Robert Walter's 20th Congress – Money Shot
- MOFRO – Blackwater
- Robert Walter – In a Holiday Groove
- Tim Bluhm – California Way
- Etienne de Rocher – Etienne de Rocher