Fokko du Cloux
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Career in mathematics
Du Cloux was based at the Institut Girard Desargues, Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Villeurbanne, in France. One of the founding members of the project, he was responsible for building the Atlas software which was instrumental in the mapping of the structure of the E8 Lie group. Fokko du Cloux was diagnosed with Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) in 2005, but he continued to actively participate in the project until his death from ALS. The Project successfully completed the task in 2007.   
- Fokko du Cloux home page, Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1, France.
- Fokko du Cloux: December 20, 1954 – November 10, 2006
- E8 narrative.
- Vogan, David (2007). "The character table of E8" (PDF). Notices of the American Mathematical Society. 54: 1122–1134.
- Kenneth Chang, The Scientific Promise of Perfect Symmetry, New York Times, March 20, 2007
- Fokko du Cloux, American Institute of Mathematics.