Follow the Lights
|Follow the Lights|
|EP by Ryan Adams and The Cardinals|
|Released||October 23, 2007|
|Recorded||The Village, Sunset Sound, Glenwood Place Studios|
|Ryan Adams chronology|
|The Music Box||link|
|Pitchfork Media||(6.5/10) link|
|Tiny Mix Tapes||link|
Follow the Lights (released in the UK as Everybody Knows) is an EP by Ryan Adams and The Cardinals released on October 23, 2007. The EP contains three new songs and four live studio recordings, including a cover of the Alice in Chains' song, "Down in a Hole". It was produced by then-Cardinals member James Candiloro.
The EP includes a re-recorded version of the song "Blue Hotel", which originally appeared on Willie Nelson's Songbird album. "This Is It" was previously recorded for Rock n Roll, "If I Am a Stranger" for Cold Roses and "Dear John" – which was co-written by Ryan Adams and Norah Jones – for Jacksonville City Nights.
In the UK, Follow the Lights was released as Everybody Knows, with the titular "Everybody Knows" from Easy Tiger included as an extra track. In Germany, the EP is not available individually, but was added as a bonus disc to a limited edition reissue of Easy Tiger.
The album cover is a photograph taken by the guitarist Neal Casal.
All tracks written by Ryan Adams, unless otherwise noted.
|1.||"Follow the Lights"||3:03|
|2.||"My Love for You Is Real"||4:52|
|4.||"Down in a Hole"||Jerry Cantrell||4:37|
|5.||"This Is It" (Cardinals version)||Ryan Adams and Johnny T||3:32|
|6.||"If I Am a Stranger" (New version)||4:44|
|7.||"Dear John" (New version)||Ryan Adams and Norah Jones||5:12|
- Ryan Adams — guitars, piano, banjo, vocals
- Brad Pemberton — drums, percussion
- Chris Feinstein — bass guitar
- Jon Graboff — pedal steel, vocals
- Neal Casal — guitars, vocals, cover photograph
- James Candiloro — piano, keyboards, producer, recording ("Follow the Lights" and "My Love for You is Real"), mixing
- Jason Wormer — recording
- Clifton Aleen — recording assistant
- Brendan Dekora — mixing assistant
- Bob Ludwig — mastering
- Philip Andelman — live photograph
- Andy West — design