Fond du Lac County Airport
|Fond du Lac County Airport|
Airport and sign
|Owner||Fond du Lac County|
|Serves||Fond du Lac, Wisconsin|
|Elevation AMSL||808 ft / 246 m|
Fond du Lac County Airport, (IATA: FLD, ICAO: KFLD, FAA LID: FLD) is a county owned public use airport located 1 mile (2 km) west of the central business district of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, a city in Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin, United States. It is included in the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2017–2021, in which it is categorized as a regional general aviation facility. The airport is home to EAA chapter 572.
Facilities and aircraft
Fond du Lac County Airport covers an area of 586 acres (237 ha) at an elevation of 808 feet (246 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways: 18/36 is 5,941 by 100 feet (1,811 x 30 m) with an asphalt surface and 9/27 is 3,602 by 75 feet (1,098 x 23 m) with an asphalt surface. The Airport has one FBO, the Fond du Lac Skyport.
For the 12-month period ending July 23, 2014, the airport had 63,200 aircraft operations: 5% air taxi, 95% general aviation and <1% military. In March 2017, there were 62 aircraft based at this airport: 55 single-engine, 6 multi-engine and 1 jet aircraft.
The airport, along with Appleton International Airport in Appleton, is an alternative to flying into Wittman Regional Airport during EAA AirVenture Oshkosh. Every year the FAA sets up and operates a temporary air traffic control tower during the event.
Shuttle buses run between the AirVenture grounds and the airport frequently.
- FAA Airport Master Record for FLD ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective Mar 2, 2017.
- "List of NPIAS Airports" (PDF). FAA.gov. Federal Aviation Administration. 21 October 2016. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- "Fond du Lac EAA 572". www.fdl.net. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- "Fond du Lac Skyport". fdlskyport.com. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- "EAA Airventure 2016 NOTAM" (PDF). eaa.org. EAA. pp. 22–23. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- FAA Terminal Procedures for FLD, effective May 25, 2017
- Resources for this airport: