|Predecessor||Philanthropic activities of the Cassa di Risparmio delle Provincie Lombarde (founded in 1823)|
|Type||charitable foundation (fondazione di origine bancaria)|
|Headquarters||via Daniele Manin 23 - 20121 Milan, Italy.|
|Pier Mario Vello|
|Assets 6.55 billion euros; distribution 140,465,613.49 euros to 986 beneficiaries (2012)|
Fondazione Cariplo is a charitable foundation in Milan, Italy. It was created in December 1991 when the Amato law, Law no. 218 of 30 July 1990, came into force. Under this law, saving banks were required to separate into a not-for-profit foundation and a commercial banking arm. The Cassa di Risparmio delle Provincie Lombarde, commonly known as Cariplo, was divided into the Fondazione Cariplo and Cariplo SpA, the bank, which merged with Ambroveneto in 1998.
As at 31 December 2014, the organisation had a shareholders equity of €6,889,487,562.
At the end of year 2000, the foundation held 9.87% shares of Banca Intesa (fell from 18.55% circa before the merger of Intesa with Banca Commerciale Italiana) as well as 2.77% shares of Sanpaolo IMI. on 31 December 2006, the day before the merger of Intesa and Sanpaolo, the foundation was the second largest shareholder of Intesa after Crédit Agricole.
After the merger, the foundation fell to 5th largest shareholder for 4.68% of the shares of Intesa Sanpaolo (on 31 December 2007). However increased to third largest shareholder on 31 December 2014, after Compagnia di San Paolo (9.506%) and BlackRock (which acted as a fund manager for their client, 4.897%) The three other major shareholders with >2% were Ente Cassa di Risparmio di Firenze 3.248%, and Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Padova e Rovigo (4.162%), as well as Norges Bank 2.032%.
Fondazione Cariplo was the largest shareholder (37.65%) of Quaestio Holding, the parent company of Quaestio Capital Management SGR, which was an Italian private equity fund manager. In turn, Fondazione Cariplo was one of the client of the manager, as the owner of the units of QUAMVIS S.C.A., SICAV-FIS - FUND ONE
- Retrieved 2013-12-01 http://www.fondazionecariplo.it/it/la-fondazione/organi/il-segretario-generale.html.
- Retrieved 2013-12-01 http://www.fondazionecariplo.it/it/la-fondazione/organi/il-presidente.html.
- 31/12/2012 http://www.fondazionecariplo.it/it/la-fondazione/patrimonio/patrimonio.html.
- In 2012 financial report page 80 http://www.fondazionecariplo.it/static/upload/bil/bilancio-2012web.pdf.
- 2012 financial report page 15 http://www.fondazionecariplo.it/static/upload/bil/bilancio-2012web.pdf.
- Bernardino Casadei, Diana Leat (August 2001). Case studies of organizations supporting community foundations: Fondazione Cariplo Foundation. Wings-CF. Archived 9 May 2006.
- "BILANCIO DI MISSIONE ESERCIZIO 2014" (PDF). 5 May 2015. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- "Banca Intesa Annual Report 2006". group.intesasanpaolo.com. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- "Intesa Sanpaolo Annual Report 2007". group.intesasanpaolo.com. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- "BILANCIO DI MISSIONE ESERCIZIO 2015" (PDF) (in Italian). Fondazione Cariplo. 4 May 2016. Retrieved 27 December 2016.
- N. Delai (2005). Valutare il non profit. Per una misurazione condivisa delle attività associative. Pearson Paravia Bruno Mondadori.
- Philipp Hoelscher (2006). Le fondazioni comunitarie in Italia e Germania. Maecenata Verlag.
- Pier Luigi Sacco (2006). Il fundraising per la cultura. Meltemi Editore.
- Greg Clark, Debra Mountford (2007). Investment strategies and financial tools for local development. Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.
|This article about an organisation based in Italy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|