|Developer(s)||Font Awesome Team|
|Initial release||21 August 2012|
5.15.3 / 16 March 2021
|Operating system||Cross-platform (web-based application)|
Font Awesome is a font and icon toolkit based on CSS and Less. It was made by Dave Gandy for use with Bootstrap, and later was incorporated into the BootstrapCDN. Font Awesome has a reported 38% market share among those websites that use third-party font scripts on their platform, ranking it second place after Google Fonts.
Font Awesome 6 is the next version which is planned to release in the second half of 2020. Their pre-order page states that users will be able to upload their own icons and receive more icons on top of the existing ones from Font Awesome 5.
Font Awesome 5 was released on December 7, 2017 with 1,278 icons. Version 5 comes in two packages: Font Awesome Free and the proprietary Font Awesome Pro (available for a fee). The free versions (all releases up to 4 and the free version for 5) are available under the SIL Open Font License 1.1, Creative Commons Attribution 4.0, and MIT License.
- "Releases - FortAwesome/Font-Awesome". GitHub. 2021-03-16. Retrieved 16 March 2021.
- "Global market share of Font Script technologies". Wappalyzer. Archived from the original on 19 December 2019. Retrieved 26 February 2020.
- "Font Awesome 6 Pre-Order". Font Awesome. Retrieved 2021-03-19.
- "Font Awesome". Font Awesome. Retrieved 2017-12-09.
- "Pro License | Font Awesome". Font Awesome. 2018-07-12. Retrieved 2021-03-19.