This article needs to be updated.April 2012)(
|Founded||2005South Florida, United Statesin|
|Founder||Jeffrey Soffer, Glenn Schaeffer, Brett Plant|
|Glenn Schaeffer (president)|
|Owner||Turnberry Plant Ventures|
Fontainebleau Resorts, LLC, is a resort-hotel company started by South Florida real estate developers Turnberry Associates and the Plant family in 2005 after their purchase of the famous Fontainebleau Hotel in Miami Beach, Florida. The two families each hold a 50% stake in the company. The company is based in Enterprise, Nevada.
The company is headed by Turnberry Principal, Jeffrey Soffer, PLANTworldwide owner Brett Plant, and former Mandalay Resort Group President, Glenn Schaeffer. The company currently has several ongoing hotel and condominium development projects in Miami Beach and Las Vegas, with several more on the way, and Schaeffer has suggested that Fontainebleau will go public in order to raise money for their multibillion-dollar development plans.
On April 17, 2007, Publishing and Broadcasting Limited (now Crown Limited) announced that it had entered into an agreement to acquire 19.6% of Fontainebleau Resorts for US$250 million.
Schaeffer left Fontainebleau Resorts without comment in May 2009. Schaeffer was primarily responsible for securing more than US$3 billion in loans for the Fontainebleau Resort Las Vegas project.
- Fontainebleau Las Vegas LLC
- Fontainebleau Las Vegas Holdings LLC
- Fontainebleau Las Vegas Capital Corp.
- "Marta Lautin Named Vice President of Marketing for the Fontainebleau Resorts Brand, Which Includes the Fontainebleau Las Vegas and Fontainebleau Miami Beach" (Press release). 2007-11-14. Retrieved 2008-08-03. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Fontainebleau Resorts
- Liz Benston (8 June 2009). "Outlook for Fontainebleau slides from bad to worse". The Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved 29 August 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Fontainebleau's top executive leaves company on www.lvrj.com
- "Fontainebleau lenders want to force Chapter 7". South Florida Business Journal. 2009-09-29.