From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Comune di Fontanetto Po|
Oratory of St. Sebastian
|Province / Metropolitan city||Vercelli (VC)|
|• Mayor||Riccardo Vallino|
|• Total||23.3 km2 (9.0 sq mi)|
|Elevation||120 m (390 ft)|
|Population (1 January 2014)|
|• Density||51/km2 (130/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Fontanetto Po is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Vercelli in the Italian region Piedmont, located about 40 kilometres (25 mi) northeast of Turin and about 20 kilometres (12 mi) southwest of Vercelli.
- Oratory of St. Sebastian, built perhaps in the 11th century, and remade in the 15th century. The interior houses remains of mid-15th century frescoes.
- Parish church of St. Martin, built in the 11th century and restored in the 16th–18th centuries
- Church of the Holy Trinity, built from 1488
- 15th century St. John Watermill
- Giovanni Battista Viotti (1755–1824), violinist and composer was born in Fontanetto Po. He was one of the great composers of his time, Also he played the viola. He is also credited of having composed the music of the Marseillaise, the French National Hymn, eleven years before Claude Joseph Rouget de Lisle.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
|This article on a location in the Province of Vercelli is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|