This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The foo dog and the foo lion appeared in second edition for the Kara-Tur setting in the Monstrous Compendium Kara-Tur Appendix (1990). The foo dog and the foo lion appeared for the Planescape setting in the first Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix (1994), and the Guide to the Ethereal Plane (1998).
A foo creature is found on the Upper Outer Planes, and can sometimes be convinced to serve and guard humans.
- Gygax, Gary. Monster Manual II (TSR, 1983)
- Varney, Allen, ed. Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix (TSR, 1994)
- Cordell, Bruce R. A Guide to the Ethereal Plane (TSR, 1998)
- Green, Scott; Peterson, Clark (2002). Tome of Horrors. Necromancer Games. pp. 233–235. ISBN 1-58846-112-2.
- Bulmahn, Jason (lead designer). Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary 3 (Paizo Publishing, 2011)