Food Safety News
The Food Safety News logo
Type of site
|Created by||Bill Marler|
|Alexa rank||72,760 (Global, May 2016)|
|Launched||August 10, 2009|
Food Safety News is a news and campaigning website focusing on food safety. It was founded in 2009 by Bill Marler, a lawyer and food safety advocate. Marler is the Managing Partner of Marler Clark, a Seattle, Washington, law firm that specializes in foodborne illness cases. He said that Food Safety News was created to "fill a void" left by print and broadcast media as budgetary constraints led to "dedicated reporters on the food, health and safety beats... being reassigned or seeing their positions disappear altogether." The site provides daily news coverage of "foodborne illness outbreaks and investigations, food recalls, and how food safety fits into the local food movement."
- "Food Safety News Issues "Naughty" List for 2009". Food Business Week. January 7, 2010. Retrieved January 24, 2016 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (. ))
- Champagne, Denise M. (November 6, 2012). "E. Coli Outbreak in Rochester Area Could Result in Lawsuits". The Daily Record. Rochester, NY. Retrieved January 24, 2016 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (. ))
- "E. coli-Tainted Meat Causes Illnesses in Six States; Bill Marler Wants to Know More". Gastroenterology Week. January 11, 2010. Retrieved January 24, 2016 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (. ))
- Greene, Jenna (November 3, 2014). "Q&A: Food Safety Lawyer Bill Marler on What Not to Eat". The National Law Journal. Washington, DC. Retrieved January 24, 2016. (Subscription required (. ))
- "About Us". Food Safety News. Seattle. Retrieved January 24, 2016.
- "Top Ten Food Safety Stories of 2009 Published by Food Safety News". Life Science Weekly. Atlanta. January 12, 2010. Retrieved January 24, 2016 – via HighBeam Research.