Food Network (New Zealand)
|Picture format||16:9 576i SDTV|
|Owner||Discovery, Inc. (2014-2021)|
The Living Channel New Zealand Limited (2005-2014)
|Launched||1 November 2005|
|Closed||1 March 2021|
|Replaced by||Investigation Discovery|
|Former names||Food TV (2005-2018)|
|Vodafone TV||Channel 018|
Food Network is a defunct pay television channel that was broadcast in New Zealand. The channel focused entirely on programming relating to food. It was based in Auckland and was New Zealand's only channel dedicated to the food, wine and restaurant society. The network never originated its own domestic content.
The channel was launched on Sky on 1 November 2005 as Food TV by The Living Channel New Zealand Limited.
On 3 February 2021, Sky announced that Food Network would close in New Zealand and a selection of Food Network shows would be moved to its sister channel, Living. On 1 March 2021 the channel's schedule was replaced with a localised version of Investigation Discovery.
- Sky TV Press release. 25 August 2005. Retrieved 23 Feb 2006.
- "Food Network". Sky Network Television. 2 July 2014. Retrieved 30 November 2018.
- "Discovery invests in the New Zealand market with the acquisition of two local channels". Discovery Communications. 2 July 2014. Retrieved 30 November 2018.
- "Christmas comes early as Food Network launches on Sky". Sky Network Television. 26 October 2018. Retrieved 30 November 2018.
- "Channel Changes FAQs - Sky". Sky. 3 February 2021. Retrieved 3 February 2021.