Food and Chemical Toxicology
|Edited by||José L. Domingo|
|Food and Cosmetics Toxicology|
|ISO 4||Food Chem. Toxicol.|
Food and Chemical Toxicology is a peer-reviewed scientific journal covering aspects of food safety, chemical safety, and other aspects of consumer product safety. It is published by Elsevier and was established in 1963. The editor-in-chief is José L. Domingo.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in Analytical Abstracts, BIOSIS Previews, CAB International, Chemical Abstracts Service, Current Contents/Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences, Current Contents/Life Sciences, Elsevier BIOBASE, EMBASE, MEDLINE/PubMed, Science Citation Index, and Scopus. According to the Journal Citation Reports, it has a 2014 impact factor of 2.895, ranking it 30th out of 87 journals in the category "Toxicology" and 14th out of 123 journals in the category "Food Science & Technology".
In September 2012 F&CT was the original journal which published the paper in question in the Séralini affair. In November 2013 the publisher (Elsevier) then retracted it, however, only for it to be republished by Environmental Sciences Europe in June 2014.
- "Food and Chemical Toxicology (website) main". Retrieved 12 June 2016.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Toxicology". 2014 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2015.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Food Science & Technology". 2014 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2015.
- Séralini, Gilles-Eric; et al. (2012). "Long term toxicity of a Roundup herbicide and a Roundup-tolerant genetically modified maize". Food and Chemical Toxicology. 50 (11): 4221–4231. doi:10.1016/j.fct.2012.08.005. PMID 22999595.
- "Elsevier Announces Article Retraction from Journal Food and Chemical Toxicology". Elsevier. 28 November 2013.
- Séralini, Gilles-Eric; Clair, Emilie; Mesnage, Robin; Gress, Steeve; Defarge, Nicolas; Malatesta, Manuela; Hennequin, Didier; de Vendômois, Joël (2014). "Republished study: long-term toxicity of a Roundup herbicide and a Roundup-tolerant genetically modified maize". Environmental Sciences Europe. 26 (1): 14. doi:10.1186/s12302-014-0014-5. PMC 5044955. PMID 27752412.